New manager

KJT123

Interesting times. Does the Reginald Ray appointment mean that Genesio and Baticle aren't going to happen now, or are they completely different roles?

Most likely won't happen now.

I think we will see more staff coming in though but probably not those two.

That's a bit of a shame, not to get his first choice staff, but I don't suppose it's too big of a deal.

Reggy Rae known for his fiery attitude, served a two match suspension in 2014 for comments towards a referee. Sure he won't be shy in telling the players what's what. No one has said he is assistant manager though, just that he's agreed to be one of his coaches 

Awful article by Stan. Really starting to grate on me.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stan-collymore-aston-villa-must-10367274

Stan Collymore: Aston Villa must go and get David Moyes - Remi Garde is a risk the club can't afford to take

If David Moyes came into Aston Villa tomorrow and was given the green light to spend decent money in January I’d tip the club I support to stay up.

But if it’s Remi Garde who is turned to – and he has been talked of as the frontrunner since Tim Sherwood was sacked last Sunday – then it will be a toss of a coin whether we do.

Garde’s only achievement in management was winning the French Cup in 2012. Sherwood was only 90 minutes from winning the English equivalent in May, so for my money that doesn’t make Garde an upgrade.

What worries me about Villa now is how the power balance has shifted from the manager to the trio of Tom Fox, Paddy Reilly and Henrik Almstadt.

My sources tell me Arsenal couldn’t wait to get rid of Almstadt, who is now Villa’s sporting director.

And they say Reilly has added more words to his title in every job he has gone to.

He was head of data analysis at Liverpool and is now head of recruitment and development, which is some jump bearing in mind the dire straits Villa have been in.

Also as much as chief executive Fox is a nice guy, he essentially got into the football scene by tying up Arsenal to a long-term Puma deal.

That’s very different to sitting round a table and deciding who your next right full-back should be.

So I’m very concerned, although I wouldn’t be if Moyes were on his way to the club.

Villa should be telling him they will pay him whatever he was paid at Everton and that he should bring his assistant Steve Round with him.

They should be sacking Almstadt and telling Reilly to go back to data analysis.

If I were Fox and Randy Lerner I’d be saying to Moyes: “We’re going to step out of the way, we’re going to bring the marketing and commercial deals to the club, but you’re going to build the playing side back up.

“We want you to return us not just to our place as the Pride of the West Midlands but also to the fourth or fifth most successful club in England”.

Moyes, unlike Garde, knows what it takes to manage in the toughest league in the world.

He would come straight in and unite a dressing room that has become seriously disjointed.

My understanding is that some of the lads who weren’t bought by Sherwood were delighted to see him go.

But Jack Grealish, who was given an opportunity, and Micah Richards, who was brought in by Sherwood, were gutted it ended so quickly.

I got on a plane leaving Birmingham at 6am on Thursday and who was on the flight only five or six hours after playing for Aston Villa in yet another defeat was Leandro Bacuna.

He had a little hoverboard that he was riding around the airport before scarpering off back to Holland for a day.

There’s so much disunity at the club that players can’t wait to get away to their parent countries whenever they get the chance.

They don’t have any links to the city, which is the problem when you buy players using the Moneyball system.

You’re buying them on statistics, you’re not looking them in the eye and seeing if they really want to be at your club.

There’s not a cat in hell’s chance Villa are getting anything at White Hart Lane tomorrow or against Manchester City next week.

And I fear the chances of us avoiding the drop could be the same if Garde does indeed get the nod.

Interesting times. Does the Reginald Ray appointment mean that Genesio and Baticle aren't going to happen now, or are they completely different roles?

Most likely won't happen now.

I think we will see more staff coming in though but probably not those two.

That's a bit of a shame, not to get his first choice staff, but I don't suppose it's too big of a deal.

has he worked with reg though? Kind of a big deal imo.  Baticle is supposed to be a very good attacking coach.  Shame if we can't get him.

So does this mean the staff from Lyon aren't coming? 

Putting a different slant on it, I think this might well mean we've agreed a deal for his coaches and he (Garde) now knows how long it'll be before they join us and he's decided to go ahead and get to work early before they join.

Not at all, he could be one of many, Rae hasn't been confirmed as assistant yet, just that he will be a coach

Awful article by Stan. Really starting to grate on me.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stan-collymore-aston-villa-must-10367274

Stan Collymore: Aston Villa must go and get David Moyes - Remi Garde is a risk the club can't afford to take

If David Moyes came into Aston Villa tomorrow and was given the green light to spend decent money in January I’d tip the club I support to stay up.

But if it’s Remi Garde who is turned to – and he has been talked of as the frontrunner since Tim Sherwood was sacked last Sunday – then it will be a toss of a coin whether we do.

Garde’s only achievement in management was winning the French Cup in 2012. Sherwood was only 90 minutes from winning the English equivalent in May, so for my money that doesn’t make Garde an upgrade.

What worries me about Villa now is how the power balance has shifted from the manager to the trio of Tom Fox, Paddy Reilly and Henrik Almstadt.

My sources tell me Arsenal couldn’t wait to get rid of Almstadt, who is now Villa’s sporting director.

And they say Reilly has added more words to his title in every job he has gone to.

He was head of data analysis at Liverpool and is now head of recruitment and development, which is some jump bearing in mind the dire straits Villa have been in.

Also as much as chief executive Fox is a nice guy, he essentially got into the football scene by tying up Arsenal to a long-term Puma deal.

That’s very different to sitting round a table and deciding who your next right full-back should be.

So I’m very concerned, although I wouldn’t be if Moyes were on his way to the club.

Villa should be telling him they will pay him whatever he was paid at Everton and that he should bring his assistant Steve Round with him.

They should be sacking Almstadt and telling Reilly to go back to data analysis.

If I were Fox and Randy Lerner I’d be saying to Moyes: “We’re going to step out of the way, we’re going to bring the marketing and commercial deals to the club, but you’re going to build the playing side back up.

“We want you to return us not just to our place as the Pride of the West Midlands but also to the fourth or fifth most successful club in England”.

Moyes, unlike Garde, knows what it takes to manage in the toughest league in the world.

He would come straight in and unite a dressing room that has become seriously disjointed.

My understanding is that some of the lads who weren’t bought by Sherwood were delighted to see him go.

But Jack Grealish, who was given an opportunity, and Micah Richards, who was brought in by Sherwood, were gutted it ended so quickly.

I got on a plane leaving Birmingham at 6am on Thursday and who was on the flight only five or six hours after playing for Aston Villa in yet another defeat was Leandro Bacuna.

He had a little hoverboard that he was riding around the airport before scarpering off back to Holland for a day.

There’s so much disunity at the club that players can’t wait to get away to their parent countries whenever they get the chance.

They don’t have any links to the city, which is the problem when you buy players using the Moneyball system.

You’re buying them on statistics, you’re not looking them in the eye and seeing if they really want to be at your club.

There’s not a cat in hell’s chance Villa are getting anything at White Hart Lane tomorrow or against Manchester City next week.

And I fear the chances of us avoiding the drop could be the same if Garde does indeed get the nod.

Dont know why. Pretty much agree with everything he says there.

• Like 1