New manager

KJT123

So we may end up with a manager without his preferred staff damn...

We can just throw in some random coaches like we did with Wilkins and Keane that worked a treat

If he can't get his assistants it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't come the job of us keeping us up is difficult enough as it is

It's okay, he can phone up one or two of his old Arsenal buddies

Tony-Adams.jpg

Birmingham Mail are reporting it...

They aren't reporting what that poster is claiming, far from it.

But this site is http://tinyurl.com/pybwff6

That has now been confirmed by outspoken Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas. He is quoted by Le Progres as stating:

"Remi Garde to Aston Villa? Yes. My deputies. Under their contract, they do not leave."

Edited by villianusa
So Mods don't have to use anymore red ink.

Edited by avfc1982am
Cannot undo the multi quotes when trying to post. If you use the editor to multiquote and then change your mind and go back a page the next time you post the multiquote boxes are still there. Terrible!

Birmingham Mail are reporting it...

They aren't reporting what that poster is claiming, far from it.

But this site is http://tinyurl.com/pybwff6

Not sure how legit all of that is. From what I gather the reference to Garde and the coaches is under the caption at the top but not within the main article? Would have thought more emphasis would have been on that particular question. Not saying it isn't a direct quote but very unsure about it.

I wouldn't have thought Lyon could do an awful lot should the coaches decide that they want to go to pastures new. Compensation and timing would be the more likely hold up imo. I wouldn't be surprised if Garde joined and utilised Parkes and McDonald over the next couple of weeks until wrangling's between clubs over compensation are finalised and his assistants can link up.  

I think O'Leary gets a tough time of it on here. Much of his dreadful final year was down to Ellis draining as much cash out of the club prior to a sale - the whole club was full of negativity. You wonder what could have been if Lerner had given him the keys to the safe rather than O'Neill.

I would be delighted for a 16th. Even with the blarney about Leeds and not being able to compete with Charlton.

So we may end up with a manager without his preferred staff damn...

We can just throw in some random coaches like we did with Wilkins and Keane that worked a treat

If he can't get his assistants it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't come the job of us keeping us up is difficult enough as it is

It's okay, he can phone up one or two of his old Arsenal buddies

Tony-Adams.jpg

Didn't realise Jimmy nail played for Arsenal:D

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

I think we've been down that road repeatedly have we not to no avail!! It's like we are viewed as a second rate club that simply doesn't matter so may as well use us to help break new managers in!

Lambert,

McCleish

Sherwood,

O'Leary

O'Neill

Taylor ... etc etc etc

One of those was a new manager, others were established, experienced managers, most (all but McLeish, I'd say)  had a good track record. What a bizarre comment.

Yes well what I meant was we keep hearing from various sources like Souness & Arry' for example that we should be giving the job to British or young British managers like Pearson and one or two others... My point was, although I perhaps didn't make it clear enough, that we had been down the road of the British manager thing with no success for many years and I feel it's refreshing to see us try a different approach by going for someone like Garde.

I think O'Leary gets a tough time of it on here. Much of his dreadful final year was down to Ellis draining as much cash out of the club prior to a sale - the whole club was full of negativity. You wonder what could have been if Lerner had given him the keys to the safe rather than O'Neill.

I would be delighted for a 16th. Even with the blarney about Leeds and not being able to compete with Charlton.

And then look what happened... For a bit anyway!

It's why I never lose hope.

My mate said there's rumours of Henry as coach. I'd love that, my non-Villa hero but would we lose all our Irish Villans?

Nope not here.  The whole handball thing is only a pantomime villain thing.  Doesn't really bother me.  I never particularly took to the man before that, as wonderful as he undoubtedly was as a footballer.  I'd have no problem if Garde saw him as adding something to his coaching team.  In fact I'd be intrigued to see how good he could be.  He could be quite the coup if he can translate his abilities into coaching.

I doubt he can otherwise he would be at Arsenal rather than shrugging and spouting rubbish on Sky.

He is also on the coaching staff at Arsenal.

It doesn't really matter too much who we get in. Whoever gets the job has to work with players sought after by the money men, on a budget that someone on Bargain Hunt would be proud of! 

Good luck to whoever gets the job, they're gonna need it.