Johan Cruyff diagnosed with lung cancer

dAVe80

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

RIP. Had the pleasure to see the great man at Vila park. Star of the 74 world cup.

Very jealous.

I can't have been the only one replaying footage of him doing his famous turn in my head when I saw the news today.

A pioneer of football. Not just how he played but how he managed. 

When Gharperr is doing his GOATing on some pretty average players, Johann Cruyff was simply one of the greatest of all time.

Edited by VillaChris

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Very jealous.

I can't have been the only one replaying footage of him doing his famous turn in my head when I saw the news today.

A pioneer of football. Not just how he played but how he managed. 

When Gharperr is doing his GOATing on some pretty average players, Johann Cruyff was simply one of the greatest of all time.

The biggest shame was that Holland didn't win the 74 world cup. I guess it ranks the same as 54 with Hungary. 

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

For those old enough they will remember Villa's Mark Walters doing a Cruyff turn in the FA Cup on the TV.

I think it was against Reading in 1987, which would make Mark 21.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2016 at 13:18, MakemineVanilla said:

For those old enough they will remember Villa's Mark Walters doing a Cruyff turn in the FA Cup on the TV.

I think it was against Reading in 1987, which would make Mark 21.

Yes used to watch him in the villa youth team that won the FA Youth cup. He won it almost on his own at the age of 15. Best young player that i have ever seen at Villa.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

true but Johan Cruyff is probably the most iconic player to play for their club at least show some respect

That's my point though. Every club has at least one idiot who finds that notion impossible. I'd have people banned for that if it were up to me. 

• Like 2

Â