Building a PC?

PongRiddims

Unless you're over clocking or pushing your CPU really hard, your stock coolers will be fine. The PSU fan isn't what you need to worry about, it's your CPU and GPU, if they get too hot they stop working. Your GPU should come with ample cooling.

Have a good Google around your CPU and GPU and see what others recommend. You might want to upgrade the stock fan on your CPU. You needn't rush out to replace it though, only do it if your system runs hot. Get a temperature monitor program and see how it works.

Motherboards vary slightly in speed, but mainly the more you pay the better the 'features' and IO slots. The benefit of more expensive motherboards are the options they give you to upgrade. Yours will do what you want I suspect. £40 is on the more affordable side.

I suspect that you're intending to use the machine for something graphic intensive hence the video card?

If your buying new, almost certainly buy a SSD and install your operating system on it. The performance difference compared to a traditional HDD is remarkable. It's a no brainer. Get another cheap HDD if you need more space.

I'll do a bit more research on the Mobo PV, see what alternatives there are and how they differ. If it's worth spending an extra £20 now for a pain free future I might do that. I did but it retail PC.

I've ended up ordering another Mobo, considerably more expensive but five years warranty on it, thanks for the pointers fellas

Do you mind me asking which one you went for? You got me into the mood to build one for myself now. 

• Like 1

I've ended up ordering another Mobo, considerably more expensive but five years warranty on it, thanks for the pointers fellas

Do you mind me asking which one you went for? You got me into the mood to build one for myself now. 

Asus GRYPHON Z97

Â