Can we help keep 'em up?

Marka Ragnos

Can we help keep 'em up?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Can we keep 'em up?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I think so to an extent, the players are visibly shit-scared when VP is at it's moaning, groaning worst which leads to them frightened to express themselves but when we're really in the mire (e.g that Hull game) then a full house and a carnival atmosphere will inspire them. Ultimately, I'm a firm believer that we should support the team no matter what, if you're that disenchanted with the club then just don't go rather than turning up to boo or call for Sherwood's head. The players need our support more than ever, no matter what you think of those running the club and the manager we should still be behind the players 100% for 90 minutes, that's what supporting a team is about. Villa are our team, it's easy to support a team when they're winning all the time but no so when things aren't going well. 

You're living in a dreamland. The only types of clubs who get close to that kind of support are Palace Leicester etc. Clubs at their highest point in years. Their fans are loving life in the big league. At Villa it is the opposite. Year after year we have the worst home record in the league. We are regularly outclassed in are own backyard by Stoke etc. Unlike Palace or Leicester fans we have seen much better and therefore expect better. Easy to say support the team for 90 minutes on here but VP is a depressing place and will continue to be until Lerner walks

I think so to an extent, the players are visibly shit-scared when VP is at it's moaning, groaning worst which leads to them frightened to express themselves but when we're really in the mire (e.g that Hull game) then a full house and a carnival atmosphere will inspire them. Ultimately, I'm a firm believer that we should support the team no matter what, if you're that disenchanted with the club then just don't go rather than turning up to boo or call for Sherwood's head. The players need our support more than ever, no matter what you think of those running the club and the manager we should still be behind the players 100% for 90 minutes, that's what supporting a team is about. Villa are our team, it's easy to support a team when they're winning all the time but no so when things aren't going well. 

You're living in a dreamland. The only types of clubs who get close to that kind of support are Palace Leicester etc. Clubs at their highest point in years. Their fans are loving life in the big league. At Villa it is the opposite. Year after year we have the worst home record in the league. We are regularly outclassed in are own backyard by Stoke etc. Unlike Palace or Leicester fans we have seen much better and therefore expect better. Easy to say support the team for 90 minutes on here but VP is a depressing place and will continue to be until Lerner walks

I'm not sure what your point is, you're essentially saying that we should only support the team when we're winning and doing well? I think you've proved my point.

I'm not sure what your point is, you're essentially saying that we should only support the team when we're winning and doing well? I think you've proved my point.

I just think its unrealistic to expect a good atmosphere at VP with the dross which is served up. Very few other grounds in the PL have a good atmosphere, VP is no better or worse than the vast majority of clubs in this league 

If the players are scared of expressing themselves at Villa Park I'm not sure why they bother turn out as professional footballers. I'm more drawn toward the fact they're not very good and also being managed poorly. An awful combination. Also agree that the players need to give the fans something to get behind such as the start of the 2nd half against SHA.

VP has been very very quiet lately and it's now time for us all to make some noise. Making VP a fortress again starts with us the fans!

We can't even agree on who to hate at the moment. Westwood, Lescott, N'Zogbia, Richardson and the list goes on. They are OUR players, playing for OUR team. We should be supporting them!

Tim Sherwood a few months ago was our messiah, Wembley trips and keeping us in the Premiership. Be very careful what you wish for.

Let's go to VP tomorrow and enjoy ourselves, yes that's right enjoy it! Leave all the negative vibes, moaning, doom and gloom behind. Make some noise. Booing is so pointless. Moan by all means, but leave it for the pub after the game.

Get behind the lads. That's what a lot of them are, lads from a foreign country playing for OUR team needing time to adjust and needing our support.

Collectively I believe this batch of players is the best we have had at the Villa for along time.

VP has been very very quiet lately and it's now time for us all to make some noise. Making VP a fortress again starts with us the fans!

We can't even agree on who to hate at the moment. Westwood, Lescott, N'Zogbia, Richardson and the list goes on. They are OUR players, playing for OUR team. We should be supporting them!

Tim Sherwood a few months ago was our messiah, Wembley trips and keeping us in the Premiership. Be very careful what you wish for.

Let's go to VP tomorrow and enjoy ourselves, yes that's right enjoy it! Leave all the negative vibes, moaning, doom and gloom behind. Make some noise. Booing is so pointless. Moan by all means, but leave it for the pub after the game.

Get behind the lads. That's what a lot of them are, lads from a foreign country playing for OUR team needing time to adjust and needing our support.

Collectively I believe this batch of players is the best we have had at the Villa for along time.

It's unfortunate isn't it. If the players are so good why are we 4 points adrift after 9 games? Sherwood? But you suggest that we should be careful what we wish for with him. So that means he is doing the best that he can and the players just aren't very good. You can't have it both ways. Tough to enjoy ourselves at Villa Park whilst getting turned over comfortably by the likes Stoke, West Brom and soon to be Swansea 

Edited by Arj Guy

I'll be there tomorrow as up in the area from Devon.

I shall certainly be cheering the team on but won't sing about Sherwood

We do need to make a positive atmosphere to pick the team up - however the poor football on display doesn't make for easy cheering (without it sounding ironic and cynical!)

Make the effort, it's one thing we do have control over.

And yes, it does help, immensely in fact. 

It's comes with the responsibility of having an allegiance to the club. 

We can sing our way to safety, no question.

I hope to see an improvement when I'm watching on the stream tomorrow. 

Make the effort, it's one thing we do have control over.

And yes, it does help, immensely in fact. 

It's comes with the responsibility of having an allegiance to the club. 

We can sing our way to safety, no question.

I hope to see an improvement when I'm watching on the stream tomorrow. 

haha funny

Former Blackburn and Wigan striker Jason Roberts: "Villa Park is a tough place for the home side. Visiting managers say keep the crowd quiet for the first 20 minutes and they will turn. That has not just been the case for Tim Sherwood, but any manager. Who can realistically come in and turn it round? But when you go there it's a big club."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34631549 

New manager (whether he was your first choice or not) and players need to be backed 100% from now until the end of the season, we're up the creek without a paddle and we need to make VP intimidating for away teams and motivating for our lot.

• Like 2

New manager (whether he was your first choice or not) and players need to be backed 100% from now until the end of the season, we're up the creek without a paddle and we need to make VP intimidating for away teams and motivating for our lot.

I think the atmosphere will improve now. Towards the end of Sherwood it got to the point where you knew the result at 2pm when the teams got released. A bit of belief for the fans will definitely help

No fans on the planet would make noise watching the drivel on show at villa park. 

I'm not stepping foot in the place until there is a dramatic improvement, never mind making a racket. 

I'm certainly not paying through the roof and then taking on the responsibility of keeping us in the league.

I do wonder what our players have to do (collectively) for us to turn on them. Let's face it, the vast majority of them over the last 4/5 years have been nothing short of a disgrace really in terms of providing successful football.

Former Blackburn and Wigan striker Jason Roberts: "Villa Park is a tough place for the home side. Visiting managers say keep the crowd quiet for the first 20 minutes and they will turn. That has not just been the case for Tim Sherwood, but any manager. Who can realistically come in and turn it round? But when you go there it's a big club."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34631549 

Twaddle. The crowd very rarely "turn", though it can go very quiet very fast that's no great surprise given how bad we have been. Our home form has been a sick joke for years.

He's talking out of his arse there.

Fans can make a bit of difference but with the price of the tickets these days and players being multi-millionaires and performing like crap I can understand why fans don't get behind the team. In fact I am surprised Villa's crowds have kept up so much. 

Fans can make a bit of difference but with the price of the tickets these days and players being multi-millionaires and performing like crap I can understand why fans don't get behind the team. In fact I am surprised Villa's crowds have kept up so much. 

The only thing in your post that makes a blind bit of difference is the "performing like crap" part. The rest is irrelevant. Villa Park was rocking towards the end of last season. Playing good football, winning games, scoring goals. That's all that really matters. The latter two more than anything else.

Â