Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Just now, Chicken Field said:

We spent more money than we made, it's just unrealistic that we would spend much more and it is plain to see that we at least tried to sign some players this month, Kalinski, Debuchy, Remy, Doumbia, Sane, Inler and so on. People just need to be realistic, we are as good as relegated, we can't go and spend silly money as we are already making a enormous loss this season and players aren't interested in joining us. The best way to get back up again as soon as possible is to be smart about it, at the moment they say we can afford to go down (we don't have to sell any players), if we went out and bought 3 players on big wages, then we would have to sell players in the summer if we were to dream about getting past the financial fair play. Also show me another club in the league, that has an owner that has pumped as much money into the club as Aston villa (except for City and Chelsea). We have spent unrealistic enormous sums since he came in and have just wasted it year after year. I would argue we have spent too much and that is why we are where we are, not because we haven't spent enough. Owners aren't allowed to pump money into the clubs the same way anymore, it's illegal.  It's not the money that is the problem, it's that Lerner did not hire anyone with any football knowledge at all to help run the club.

I just don't get how people think we can spend unlimited amounts of money, it has to be generated somewhere from. And if anyone here argues that the £50million+ spent this summer wasn't totally wasted, then please look how all the other clubs spent half of what we did and look at how much more quality they were able to buy. (Southampton last season sold all of their assets and £30million less than than they sold for, they improved, they spent about £60million selling for £90million) 

I do not think we expected "much more" to be spent but something would have been nice.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I'm not so sure we (other than Remi himself) really "tried to sign some players this month".

I agree that after this window we are indeed "as good as relegated".

I thought I had heard from Tom Fox (I think) that everything was looking better off the pitch so why "are we already making a enormous loss this season"? 

We will "sell players in the summer" despite having signed none in this window and FFP only seems to worry us these days. 

• Like 1

Wasn't Leicester bottom of the league this time last year and actually spent a bit of money? We have basically given up. I wonder if I can get a refund for my season ticket because if the club isn't bothered why should I be??? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John said:

I do not think we expected "much more" to be spent but something would have been nice.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I'm not so sure we (other than Remi himself) really "tried to sign some players this month".

I agree that after this window we are indeed "as good as relegated".

I thought I had heard from Tom Fox (I think) that everything was looking better off the pitch so why "are we already making a enormous loss this season"? 

We will "sell players in the summer" despite having signed none in this window and FFP only seems to worry us these days. 

Remi must have got some help if he had tried to sign players,  "I cannot say the club hasn't done everything they could. It wouldn't be fair.  " showing that they have tried something. 

I think we have a better chance of staying up now than before January, as January has been our best month point wise so far this season. 
Looking better does not mean great and when we go down we loose the tv money, it will hurt. badly. But if Fox is to be believed it is sustainable at the moment, this does not mean there is a lot of money to spend.. 

There are a few teams lower down the leagues (championship and further down) that have been in trouble because of the FFP. But I think it worries us most because the club has been so badly run these last years. Just look at the loses the club has made the lasts years, it's numbers that Bolton and Portsmouth would be proud of. 

7 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Wasn't Leicester bottom of the league this time last year and actually spent a bit of money? We have basically given up. I wonder if I can get a refund for my season ticket because if the club isn't bothered why should I be??? 

Leicester bought Kramaric, but they were just promoted, less damaging for them to get relegated as they had not grown to be dependent on the tv money.   

1 minute ago, Chicken Field said:

Remi must have got some help if he had tried to sign players,  "I cannot say the club hasn't done everything they could. It wouldn't be fair.  " showing that they have tried something. 

I think we have a better chance of staying up now than before January, as January has been our best month point wise so far this season. 
Looking better does not mean great and when we go down we loose the tv money, it will hurt. badly. But if Fox is to be believed it is sustainable at the moment, this does not mean there is a lot of money to spend.. 

There are a few teams lower down the leagues (championship and further down) that have been in trouble because of the FFP. But I think it worries us most because the club has been so badly run these last years. Just look at the loses the club has made the lasts years, it's numbers that Bolton and Portsmouth would be proud of. 

From those words I'm not convinced that Remi was sure enough to say the club "hasn't done everything they could" to be able to have said they have not although he may have suspected they had not. ;)

I agree that the points we have collected this month have increased the chances of staying up but the spending of not a lot of money but a reasonable amount on a striker (say around £2m - £3m on Zach Clough from Bolton) might have increased that further, given us a boost as well as added to our hopes of getting back up if the worst does happen. 

Just now, John said:

From those words I'm not convinced that Remi was sure enough to say the club "hasn't done everything they could" to be able to have said they have not although he may have suspected they had not. ;)

I agree that the points we have collected this month have increased the chances of staying up but the spending of not a lot of money but a reasonable amount on a striker (say around £2m - £3m on Zach Clough from Bolton) might have increased that further, given us a boost as well as added to our hopes of getting back up if the worst does happen. 

yea, must admit, his comments confused me xD to many negatives for one sentence for me to understand :)

But I do agree that I wish we had signed someone, but just don't think it is as simple as people think. And don't think lack of money spent is the reason we are where we are. 

Just now, Chicken Field said:

But I do agree that I wish we had signed someone, but just don't think it is as simple as people think. And don't think lack of money spent is the reason we are where we are. 

I think it might not have been that simple to get the specific targets Remi wanted but we seemed to take a long time to start working on them and it seems we had no plan b or c in place. I agree that the lack of money spent is not the entire reason we are where we are but the lack of a signing(s) now are likely to make staying up more difficult than it was already. 

Not only that but I think we have completely given up and could be onto a total hiding for the rest of the season in some games whereas a signing or two would've given us false hope and potentially we may have not been beaten so often or so badly.  Just scared now that while we all thought we were going get relegated is different from completely giving up....that slight change of mindset may result in some big and depressing losses

Edited by nick76

5 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Merse has rated all the PL club's   business this window. Aston Villa were given a Z- 

I'm not investing another penny into the club after yesterday. If Lerner thinks us fans are going to give our hard earned cash to him after he lied to remi and the fans. We'll he is a bigger idiot than we all thought 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm not investing another penny into the club after yesterday. If Lerner thinks us fans are going to give our hard earned cash to him after he lied to remi and the fans. We'll he is a bigger idiot than we all thought 

same here, not re-new  ST,