Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, sne said:

If we're looking at young swedes I rather we wen't for Lewicki and Augustinsson, both got amazing potential.

Milosevic might work in the Championship, but not too sure about him to be honest

I must start playing football manager because i dont have a clue who Alex Milosevic is and i thought myself to be knowledgeable enough regards players.

Just now, HeyAnty said:

I must start playing football manager because i dont have a clue who Alex Milosevic is and i thought myself to be knowledgeable enough regards players.

Yeah that might work, or you know, watch football from leagues outside England ;)

One thing people seem to be forgetting is Newcastle are spending and the players are wanting to play for them. It's different for us, we could be ready to splash some cash but we're near enough guaranteed relegation. Yes money talks for players but they will not be wanting to play in the Championship next year and I don't blame them.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Are you having a dig at someone from Sweden knowing about the Swedish league?

lol.

• Like 1

Just now, guyavfc said:

One thing people seem to be forgetting is Newcastle are spending and the players are wanting to play for them. It's different for us, we could be ready to splash some cash but we're near enough guaranteed relegation. Yes money talks for players but they will not be wanting to play in the Championship next year and I don't blame them.

Quality Championship players wouldn't mind playing for us in the Championship next season. Difficult to sign in January I guess but it seems like we aren't even trying.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

If we're looking at young swedes I rather we wen't for Lewicki and Augustinsson, both got amazing potential.

Milosevic might work in the Championship, but not too sure about him to be honest

few times I have saw him he actually reminds me of Baker, quite rash

• Like 1

Remi Garde admits he is sad and disappointed after missing out on striker Seydou Doumbia.

The 28-year-old held lengthy discussions with Villa but now looks set to join relegation rivals Newcastle United instead.

Garde has missed out on a number of top targets including winger Wahbi Khazri who joined Sunderland at the weekend and if anyone does arrive in these closing stages they will be players not identified by the boss.

When asked about Doumbia, he said: “I spoke for a long time with the player.

To be fair, you'd have to be pretty crazy to join Villa right now. We shouldn't be trying to sign players like Doumbia, we should be getting in players who are ready for the Championship, signing them now would give them 6 months to bed into the squad. 

Edited by PieFacE

"Remi Garde confirmed no Aston Villa player would be leaving today. He said there was still a chance of bringing in players, but none would be on his priority list, as were Doumbia & Kalnic. 

"Garde's travelling down to London with the team for tomorrow's West Ham game - which suggests he doesn't expect to land a preferred target."

Close the thread.

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Come on, who watches the Turkish league?

Nah just kidding, I just happen to know a lot about these particular Swedish players as I am Swedish myself

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

"Remi Garde confirmed no Aston Villa player would be leaving today. He said there was still a chance of bringing in players, but none would be on his priority list, as were Doumbia & Kalnic. 

"Garde's travelling down to London with the team for tomorrow's West Ham game - which suggests he doesn't expect to land a preferred target."

Close the thread.

so that means this will be another Reilly, Fox signing. So many of them worked well in the summer. Good job guys.