Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

WTF is Klopp doing in this picture?

He's a human being ffs not a dog treat him as such

Klopp pictures me as a bloke that when he gets home has a human centipede crawling around his living room floor.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you cant recall Premier League loans without the loanee club giving permission

well if theyre signing Byram then you would think they would be okay with it.

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

well if theyre signing Byram then you would think they would be okay with it.

dont know they have no other right backs at the club as Tomkins has been playing there recently so imagine will keep him

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

No idea why you can't stand Leicester (weird), but they've hardly been lucky.

They've implemented a style of play that the team is absolutely perfectly suited to.  They're disciplined, hard working and will keep going until the very end of matches.  "Bang-average but playing with a bit of confidence" does a complete disservice to the fact they are currently joint top after 22 games of a season.

I actually can't think of a more balanced team in the Premier League, thinking about it.  Fair play to them.

I can't stand Leicester because I'm a Villa supporter! They're local rivals so why would i like them??

I didn't say Leicester were "bang average", I said that apart from Vardy and Marez the rest of their squad is "bang average" - Albrighton, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Huth, Morgan, Schlupp, Schmicheal, Simpson, Ulloa, Okazaki, Kante - apart from Kante and at a push Okazaki none of the rest would get in another top ten side.

They've been lucky with injuries and lucky to win games. They've ridden their luck and are now playing with confidence which makes a difference. Don't believe the bullshit that stats don't count, they absolutely do.  Leicester's position derives from the fact that they've bucked the stats in half a dozen games - their underlying form is worth about 10th-12th

The media love 'em (especially MOTD) and it makes a good underdog story. It won't last, they're above the curve at the moment but regression to the mean will take care of them

I'm staggered at the love in for Leicester on here???

Edited by VillaCas
  • Like 3

The transfer window will slam shut within a fortnight and we are still waiting for our first signing.

Links with players get our hopes up but I get the feeling that our "custodian" and his new "yes man" chairman are waiting to pull the plug on any spending until we lose a game or two and they feel they can safely say that we need to prepare for a season in the league below. If we do not lose again this month I suspect they will wait until it is too late to do any deals to release any funds for new players or hope that no player is prepared to join us given our situation and the terms they offer him. I hope to be proved wrong in the next few days. 

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

I think that can probably be explained by the fact that most football fans generally like seeing the underdog doing well and in a lot of cases here this is despite the local rivalry because a lot of us aren't from the Midlands and therefore don't have so much exposure to that rivalry.

That's the case for me at least anyway!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

I can't stand Leicester because I'm a Villa supporter! They're local rivals so why would i like them??

I didn't say Leicester were "bang average", I said that apart from Vardy and Marez the rest of their squad is "bang average" - Albrighton, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Huth, Morgan, Schlupp, Schmicheal, Simpson, Ulloa, Okazaki, Kante - apart from Kante and at a push Okazaki none of the rest would get in another top ten side.

They've been lucky with injuries and lucky to win games. They've ridden their luck and are now playing with confidence which makes a difference. Don't believe the bullshit that stats don't count, they absolutely do.  Leicester's position derives from the fact that they've bucked the stats in half a dozen games - their underlying form is worth about 10th-12th

The media love 'em (especially MOTD) and it makes a good underdog story. It won't last, they're above the curve at the moment but regression to the mean will take care of them

"Local rivals" is a bit of a reach!  I couldn't give a monkeys about Leicester at all.

You seem to talk a lot about individual players - it's a team game.  They're setup perfectly as a team.  The sum is more than the individual parts etc.  As you say, none of their players are world beaters which makes it even more remarkable that, in 2015, Leicester amassed the 3rd most points in the Premier League.  They're currently sat 2nd.

This isn't luck.  You just sound incredibly bitter to be honest.

(And the "love in" is because it's damn refreshing seeing another team breaking the monotony of the Premier League top 4/6.  I hope Leicester finish in the top 4, personally).

• Like 1

If Leicester were to win the league this year, or even finish top four, it would only make our relegation seem all the more worse (if indeed we do go down). As it would put a marker on what's achievable and highlight how far we are from that achievement. Really the only team I want breaking the monopoly is Aston Villa, any other team and it's bad news for us. In terms of another team leaving us behind and in Leicester's case it would set a dangerous precedent that Lerner would cite as another excuse to spend minimal money.

• Like 1

I fear that no one player will save us, we require a few. And where would you get these players and why would they want to come?

Maybe a loan but I wouldn't be surprised if there was nothing else this window.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it's not really a Leicester love in. It's an "anybody who isn't Man united/City/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool" love in.

More than that for me: It gives me hope that we can "do a Leicester" and break the cycle of mediocrity we've had for decades.

• Like 1