Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Mate he is utter shit. I'll take veretout any day of the week.

Have you ever seen him play? In what department would you compare Walters to Veretout

Its like I wouldnt take Debuchy as we have Ayew

You mean the Stoke attacking midfielder that spends the game smashing people and picking up cards, and now warms the bench there? Yeh I've seen him play

1 hour ago, sne said:

What about Nabil Bentaleb on loan?

Has hardly played for Spurs this season, partly because of injuries, but mostly because of other CM's finding their form and the emergence of Alli.

Really like what I saw of him the last 2 seasons, at 6ft 2 he would add some height to the midfield. Speaks french as well so no communication problems

I know loaning Spurs players hasn't always worked for us, but it did with Walker, might work with Nabil...

This would be a great addition... 

6 minutes ago, mwj said:

You mean the Stoke attacking midfielder that spends the game smashing people and picking up cards, and now warms the bench there? Yeh I've seen him play

Oh dear....He's scored 11 goals for club and country this season despite not being a regular starter.

Last season  he scored 11 I think.

I'm not saying he's brilliant nor do I think he'll come but I think some of you being a bit picky on established premier league players are going to have to lower your expectations a bit when we get relegated in three months time.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mwj said:

no yellow cards in 16 games this season

• Like 1

That people are seriously entertaining the idea of Jonathon Walters as a good signing for the club, is yet another indication of how far we've fallen.

Edited by useless

9 minutes ago, useless said:

That people are seriously entertaining the idea of Jonathon Walters as a good signing for the club, is yet another indication of how far we've fallen.

Wait until you see who we're signing in the summer, then you'll be begging on your knees for Jonathan Walters. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, harris21 said:

Anyone else thinking Debuchy might be the same kind of signing that Garde was for Arsenal back in the day? A link for Garde to the dressing room to help get his ideas across? Hence why he seems to be the only one being heavily linked. Key piece of the puzzle? Just thinking out loud.

You mean never really play and no one remember him being there?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Walters is a very average player technically, but has terrific work rate and all round engine, he'd get into our team based on that alone. 

Same as Weinmann.  I wanted him gone last year but wished he had stayed now

28 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'd have signed Walters when we were good.

Yeah, he's a good Premier League player. Cant see how people would turn their noses up at him. Have they seen how shit we are?

I'm sure we are trying but I don't believe that Lerner and Fox will back Garde with the sort of finances we need to stay up. I guess they feel we are down, which is fair enough. However, it's still painful see Newcastle, Sunderland and Bournemouth give it a real go to see if they can stay up whereas we seem defeated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm sure we are trying but I don't believe that Lerner and Fox will back Garde with the sort of finances we need to stay up. I guess they feel we are down, which is fair enough. However, it's still painful see Newcastle, Sunderland and Bournemouth give it a real go to see if they can stay up whereas we seem defeated.

I can't say I'm surprised.

• Like 1

Anyone else thinking Debuchy might be the same kind of signing that Garde was for Arsenal back in the day? A link for Garde to the dressing room to help get his ideas across? Hence why he seems to be the only one being heavily linked. Key piece of the puzzle? Just thinking out loud.

You mean never really play and no one remember him being there?

Hahahaha yeah that's the one.

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The position we are in is so much worse than them, that I can certainly understand that they will be giving it a go. 

We are not only desperate for a striker, but we are desperate for one with pace. 

Our team is simply not creative enough and we saw from that word removed Vardy that someone with pace can create chances for themselves and turn a bad pass, or hopeful lump forward into a chance. 

Given that we aren't going to attract a lot of players in our predicament, I'm warming to an earlier suggestion of the boy from palace, Gayle is it?