Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Ayew, Adama, Gil, Amavi, Richards, Grealish.......? A team second from bottom. Does'nt wash with me, these are not relegation players.

Sherwood is the one underachieving and needs to go first and foremost. We need someone with experience and big nads who can hit the ground running. The tools are there, all it needs is someone who is skilled enough to use them.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but has anyone on that list scored more than once (or maybe twice?) this year?

And Sherwood is to blame for all that?

Maybe. I don't know. I'm not a football-ologist, but it just sort of seems to me, in my admittedly feeble-minded understanding of the ins and outs of British football, that perhaps we have some player problems? Maybe?

Gestede has three -- you didn't mention.

Ayew, Adama, Gil, Amavi, Richards, Grealish.......? A team second from bottom. Does'nt wash with me, these are not relegation players.

Sherwood is the one underachieving and needs to go first and foremost. We need someone with experience and big nads who can hit the ground running. The tools are there, all it needs is someone who is skilled enough to use them.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but has anyone on that list scored more than once (or maybe twice?) this year?

And Sherwood is to blame for all that?

Maybe. I don't know. I'm not a football-ologist, but it just sort of seems to me, in my admittedly feeble-minded understanding of the ins and outs of British football, that perhaps we have some player problems? Maybe?

Gestede has three -- you didn't mention.

No, Sherwood is certainly not to blame for it all. But, as coach/manager/whatever, he is certainly responsible for the selection of the team and the tactics.

Of course we have player problems. Injuries, not being picked, slump in form etc. But the buck will always stop with the manager.

Oh, and I just forgot Gestede (shame on me) haha.

• Like 1

Balanta another Football Manager legend who is not really up to much in real life. Has only started playing for River in last few games since they sold Mori to Everton. Before that he couldnt get a game in the league

I don't know why he won't give Ayew a run upfront! He might save us a lot of money but Gestede needs wingers to be any good so if he persists with him we need to find naturally wide players who can cross! 

Amavi has delivered more crosses than any player in the premier league this season.

I don't know why he won't give Ayew a run upfront! He might save us a lot of money but Gestede needs wingers to be any good so if he persists with him we need to find naturally wide players who can cross! 

Amavi has delivered more crosses than any player in the premier league this season.

So naturally he's been dropped.

Manager, Keeper and Forward.  Then RB (though is Ilori going to play there if he ever does play?)

• Like 1

So naturally he's been dropped.

Manager, Keeper and Forward.  Then RB (though is Ilori going to play there if he ever does play?)

how many crosses have the attacking players put in? It's great having a full back who can add to an attack but if he's the only one doing it you're knackered! And as mentioned that threats been nullified because he got dropped. If you do want your full backs bombing on surely you pick Bacuna over Hutton? Any stats for how many they've set up? Last year Bacuna set up quite a few. Ilori must be the unfittest footballer ever seeing as it's now over 6 weeks since we signed him and nothing!! 

Quite a few reports on net are we are looking at Matt Ingram (Wycombe Keeper)

http://www.getbucks.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-see-wycombes-matt-10108659

Wycombe goalkeeper Matt Ingram is being tracked by Aston Villa as Tim Sherwood considers bolstering his back line, according to reports in the Midlands.

The Villans are sitting just above the relegation zone having lost four of their opening six games, conceding nine goals in the process.

Villa have a strong relationship with Gareth Ainsworth's side and loaned young defender Janoi Donacien to the League Two club.

The 21-year-old has been an ever present for the Chairboys when fit and kept 15 clean sheets last season as Wycombe reached the League Two play-off final.

Villa are looking for a long-term replacement for regular goalkeeper Brad Guzan and only have 30-year-old Mark Bunn or Jed Steer, who is on loan at Huddersfield.

Ingram committed his future to boyhood club Wycombe until 2017 when he signed a three year deal in August last year.

Edited by Villan4Life

The Premier League used to be a more provincial place . . . the first commentator in that video pronounces his name in three different ways and claims he's 'from Argentina'. 

Signed from River Plate so I can see where he was coming from.

I just cannot believe that it was that long ago that we signed him (my son still has a shirt he signed in his wardrobe). Happier days... 

<3 Angel.

Could have been an incredible player were it not for his wife's illness/the clubs shoddy looking after them/Gregory leaving and the team getting progressively weaker/his knee injury by the time MON came.

Still absolutely love the guy though.

• Like 1

Sky Blues star watched
Aston Villa are amongst a clutch of clubs keeping an eye on young Coventry City keeper Reice Charles-Cook, according to reports.

The 21-year-old shot-stopper has attracted attention from Stoke City, Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest.

The Sky Blues have made a flying start to the season and the youngster has kept 5 clean sheets in 6 game

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-rumour-mill-rudy-10309014

<3 Angel.

Could have been an incredible player were it not for his wife's illness/the clubs shoddy looking after them/Gregory leaving and the team getting progressively weaker/his knee injury by the time MON came.

Still absolutely love the guy though.

no coincidence for me the 2 best strikers we have had in last 15 years were constantly offside, though Angel had a much better midfield behind him than Benteke