Pre match thread

roonst83

4-3-2-1 for me

GK Guzan (needs replacing)

RB Hutton or Bacuna (neither will handle moreno)

CB Richards

CB Clark

LB Amavi

DM Sanchez (westwood 60mins Sub

RMF Gana

LMF Vertout

AMF Gil

AMF Grealish

CF Gestede

subs around 60mins once Sanchez,Gana & Vertout legs all go

WestwoodDM, AyewRMF RichardsonLMF

go for it Tim

or Go F**k Off

Edited by Grasshopper

Swansea have no wins since August

Are they really all that considering the hype people are making out in relegation thread?

given our penchant for gift wrapping teams 3 points Swansea couldn't have wished to a better fixture, they were poor last night, in fact I've never seen them play that bad since they got promoted but with Sigurdsson and ki likely to start Saturday id fancy a very different Swansea team at villa park than what we saw last night

• Like 1

Swansea have no wins since August

Are they really all that considering the hype people are making out in relegation thread?

Nope. They're not all that. They're extremely beatable at the moment.

Unfortunately, we are absolutely awful. A team that doesn't look like it could beat an under 12's side, let alone a premier league side.

So we'll lose. Comfortably.

Well Swansea are there for the taking on Saturday. They are on a real poor run and couldn't even score against a poor Stoke side. Failure to win this game is not acceptable.

We are without doubt  the perfect opposition for them to play. Any team needing to end their poor run of form will look at Villa away as the best possible fixture to get back on track. 

• Like 2

For me, if you're going to play Gestede, then you have to play a formation and players that will play to his strength, so that means wingers in a 433 or 442 formation. As we only have Traore who's a wide play who's not really ready then i would shy away from that.

If we want to play Jack and Gil then you need a striker(s) with good movement, who run channels, and inbwetween centre half and full back, so Ayew, or even Gabby.

Don't think the players for central midfiled are good enough/experienced enough to play with just 2 in the middle, so you need 3 in there. so I would go 4-3-2-1

GK: probably Guzan

RB: doesn't matter neither are great, would be tempted to play Richards there, but that's not going to happen

CB: Richards

CB: Clark (if fit)

LB: Amavi

CM: Sanchez/Westwood

CM: Gana

CM Veretout

AM: Gil

AM: Jack

FW: Ayew

Playing as we have been since Leicester (albeit a bright first half before against Chelsea, inbetwixt suicide attempts) Swansea will only have to keep a clean sheet to win. We seem nailed on to just give goals away. Actually wrap them up and give the opposition a little kiss when handing them over on a silver platter. 

I think he'll walk if we lose. He'll sense the gun and want to leave with some face first.

Having said that, I hope we take the game to them and get some more points on the board.

As I am living in Swansea watched their game live last night,they were awful and I mean awful.They do not have a settled side but do have an outstanding keeper,even we can beat them despite the fact that our form is poor as well as theirs. 2-1 Villa.

Well Swansea are there for the taking on Saturday. They are on a real poor run and couldn't even score against a poor Stoke side. Failure to win this game is not acceptable.

We couldn't beat that poor Stoke side either.

We'll win this. 3-1.

4-0 to Swansea

From one end of the scale to the other, I'm going to jump on the fence and go straight down the middle.

0-0