Pre match thread

roonst83

I have no hatred towards Sherwood but anything other than a win here and he has to go.

This is a results business and you can point at fans being fickle all day long but if you can only manage 4 points from a possible 30 and only one win from our last 11 games is just not good enough im afraid.

Can't blame it all on having new players, some of the outstanding performers so far this year in the league are new players. To me it just looks like nobody particularly cares that we are most likely heading for relegation this season. Personally I don't even care anymore, this is 5 years in the making.

I don't think there should be more than 2 changes to the side because it is so disruptive. We need a consistent side. I thought we were ok at Chelsea barring the very silly errors. I'd go with the same eleven except Amavi in for Richardson. I think we will beat Swansea. 

Guzan

Hutton - Richards (c) - Clark - Amavi

Gana - Sanchez

Adama - Gil - Grealish

Gestede

1-2 

Really need to win, cant see it. More of the same. 8 defeats from first 10 really makes it look as if the writing's on the wall; if it wasnt already.

See Moyes has distanced himself from the speculation today stating he wants to stay in Spain. Dont blame him. Not sure who we can turn to tbh

Guzan

Gana - Sanchez

Adama - Gil - Grealish

Gestede

1-2 

Really need to win, cant see it. More of the same. 8 defeats from first 10 really makes it look as if the writing's on the wall; if it wasnt already.

See Moyes has distanced himself from the speculation today stating he wants to stay in Spain. Dont blame him. Not sure who we can turn to tbh

I'd go with that team but swap Gestede for either Ayew or Gabby. Gestede doesn't move meaning the 3 AMs/Widemen aren't as effective.

I don't like to say matches are 6 pointers, 12 pointers, season makers or breakers, etc... but somehow this game has achieved an importance way above what it should be.

For Sherwood's career, this game may just be his 'DO OR DIE' game.

For Villa, its a very important game, but not our most important game of the season. That will come later in the season if we lose this one, possibly near the end of the season when we need 6 points from 3 games to stay up.

I have a strange feeling that we will win this game.  After all, we will win at some point, and we've just been on a terrible run. This game could be the catalyst.  If we do win, it will be a terrible game with us scraping 1-0.

GK Bunn

RB Hutton

CB Clark

CB Richards

LB Amavi

CDM Gana

CDM C.Sanchez

RAM Adama

CAM Gil

LAM Grealish

ST Gestede

Subs: Guzan, Lescott, Bacuna, Ayew, Sinclair, Gabby, Westwood/Veretout.

Atm, this is our strongest team IMO.

Edited by wedge

GK Bunn

RB Hutton

CB Clark

CB Richards

LB Amavi

CDM Gana

CDM C.Sanchez

RAM Adama

CAM Gil

LAM Grealish

ST Gestede

Subs: Guzan, Lescott, Bacuna, Ayew, Sinclair, Gabby, Westwood/Veretout.

Atm, this is our strongest team IMO.

It's a good side on paper. I think I'd swap Gil with Ayew and player Grealish in the middle of the attacking midfielders. 

Guzan

Gana - Sanchez

Adama - Gil - Grealish

Gestede

1-2 

I like that team, but I wouldn't go with Adama. He's miles from being ready.

Gil on the right and Westwood into midfield I think. About the best we can do at the moment. Or keep Gil in the middle and SInclair on the right.