Pre match thread

roonst83

It's a must win game on Saturday and no doubt the players and management are feeling the pressure to stop this worrying points haul so far.

How about as fans we get behind the team and Tim Sherwood and leave the moaning, negative chants and complaining until after the final whistle.

I'm not expecting a full house but let's all get behind the team and be the 12th Man!

Don't get me wrong I'm pissed off with the last few months but if we as fans create negativity it will affect the players on the pitch.

The only chance of beating Swansea is if we all do our part and let the players play at Villa Park with a positive attitude.

Sorry to preach but like most just want to see another 3 points on the board.

I hear what you are saying, but the moaning and calling for Sherwood to be sacked has been confined to social media thus far so I don't think it's a concern for the game itself. The fans will get behind the team, the only time you may hear anti-Sherwood chants is at full-time if we have lost.

It's a must win game on Saturday and no doubt the players and management are feeling the pressure to stop this worrying points haul so far.

How about as fans we get behind the team and Tim Sherwood and leave the moaning, negative chants and complaining until after the final whistle.

I'm not expecting a full house but let's all get behind the team and be the 12th Man!

Don't get me wrong I'm pissed off with the last few months but if we as fans create negativity it will affect the players on the pitch.

The only chance of beating Swansea is if we all do our part and let the players play at Villa Park with a positive attitude.

Sorry to preach but like most just want to see another 3 points on the board.

I hear what you are saying, but the moaning and calling for Sherwood to be sacked has been confined to social media thus far so I don't think it's a concern for the game itself. The fans will get behind the team, the only time you may hear anti-Sherwood chants is at full-time if we have lost.

I agree that the moaning has mostly been on social media but the groans and suggestions that Tim Sherwood should be sacked or leave are echoing all around the ground and this in itself breeds a negative atmosphere.

I just feel as fans we must and need to do our bit to keep Villa Park bouncing who knows it may just help to getting 3 points on Saturday.

• Like 2

It's going to be a horrible game. Both managers and teams know they must get something from the game or there will be a growing sense of crisis for the losing club. 

Scrappy 1-1 draw I guess but that may not be enough to save Sherwood's bacon. Or Monk's.

• Like 1

If we somehow manage to win at home on Saturday, we will only be 3 points behind the Swans and potentially only 1 point out of the drop zone. It'a amazing how it can turn around quickly if we can start winning some bloody games! Our heaviest defeat so far is only 2-0 so it's not like we are getting hammered. Just a seemingly endless ways of shooting our foot and throwing points away. Saturday is winnable and even with our home form we are due a home win.

There is a growing consensus down here in Swansea than Monk is walking a tight rope despite his length of tenure at the Swans both on and off the pitch. The one intangible about playing them next Saturday is that which team will turn up,if the real Swans arrive we will be in trouble as they are as they have proved this season able to beat anybody in the PL,so hope for the best but don't get to despondent if we lose.

We were always going to need a few games to gel as a team given the number of new signings we made in the summer and given the players that left us. We have now played enough games to expect to see some progress although sticking with the same team would have helped our team get familiar with playing together. 

Swansea are on a bad run and what better cure for that is there than playing us? We do not win "must win" games or games at Villa Park very often. So everything points to a 2-0 defeat but I for one am not having that. A Villa win it must and surely will be. I would start this one with:

Guzan (only due to the absence of any serious challenge for his place), Hutton, Richards, Clark (if fit), Amavi, Veretout, Gana, Sanchez, Grealish, Gil & Ayew. Westwood, Sinclair, Gestede and Traore would seem good choices to have on the bench to ensure the victory if changes became needed during the game. Onwards and upwards (we would struggle to go further down the table after all).    

Edited by John

Swansea will be fine, they're just on a sticky run it happens. They've still taken 4 points from Chelsea and Man. United this season, beaten Newcastle comfortably, I'd sign up for those results right now if that's a crisis in their book.

They're not a great match up for us well no team is really these days but I'd take all of their central midfield over us...Ki, Shelvey, Sigurdsson, a balanced midfield that can also score goals.

Think the problem is Monk is starting to mess around with the line up...I guess Sigurdsson and Ki being benched v Stoke was partly due to fatigue from international duty but if it was Monk trying to be clever it was a fail as they are simply two of Swans best players and garbage like Modou Barrow shouldn't be anywhere near their team.

Without stating the obvious, this is a very big game on Saturday for Aston Villa football club.

Not only for the result but for the performance and intent

They need to put in an encouraging performance that shows that the team has some sort of direction. Essentially they need to get the fans onboard, get some belief back.

I'm not sure if TS is the man to do it but I'll be there hoping that I see some glimpses of progress in the tactics, the players and how we play generally.

if we don't see that and we lose as we did to Stoke I can see the fans turning and a big decision being made.

One that will shape the club for a few years to come. This season is massive, if we lose    Out on the Sky windfall will we recover?

There's no reason why IMO we should be where we are with the players that we have

He needs to stick with a system and I'd choose the side he played against Chelsea, if he does we will beat Swansea.

What are we going to do if we start losing or, indeed, lose this one? As fans are we going to throw in the towel? 

Maybe we should do that at the end of the game if it ends in defeat! 

Haha that would be brilliant

All the fans take a white towel in and just throw it on the pitch at the end of the game if that doesn't send a message to the board i don't know what will

• Like 1

What are we going to do if we start losing or, indeed, lose this one? As fans are we going to throw in the towel? 

Maybe we should do that at the end of the game if it ends in defeat! 

Haha that would be brilliant

All the fans take a white towel in and just throw it on the pitch at the end of the game if that doesn't send a message to the board i don't know what will

A towel with Lerners face on it

For the first time ever in 30 years of being a Villa fan I don't care what team is put out, I am not really arsed about the result, I won't be watching it and I won't be looking out for the result either. Club is a shambles and an embarrassment and quite frankly deserves to be relegated.

For the first time ever in 30 years of being a Villa fan I don't care what team is put out, I am not really arsed about the result, I won't be watching it and I won't be looking out for the result either. Club is a shambles and an embarrassment and quite frankly deserves to be relegated.

Who's put 10p in you?

• Like 1

but you'll watch motd if we win right...you know you will :)