Pre match thread

roonst83

-----------------------------------------Guzan------------------------------------------

Hutton--------------Richards------------------Clark-----------------Richardson

-------------------------Gana----------------------Sanchez--------------------------

Taore------------------------------Grealish-----------------------------------Amavi

---------------------------------------Sinclair-------------------------------------------

If everyone is fit, this is how I would go.

• Like 1

Villan living in Swansea therefore see all their home games,they are capable of beating anybody at the Liberty, away is another matter, been pretty awful this season and are looking for their first win away.If they turn up very difficult match,if they don't then 3 points could be obtained providing we do not give away stupid goal.Can see a 1-1 with Sherwood still in the hot seat.

I'll be in attendance, travelling up from Devon to meet a few mates and get to see the match.

I'm not expecting anything other than disappointment. No thrills, no goals (not for us anyway) and no points.

Hopefully, regardless of what happens it will be Sherwood's last game in charge.

Seriously hoping Clark is fit enough to play.

At this present moment in time, i'd select:

...................Guzan (even after that pass - he's still better than Bunn)

Hutton..Richards..Clark..Amavi

.................Sanchez

.......Westwood........Gana

.....................Gil

........Gestede.......Ayew

Villan living in Swansea therefore see all their home games,they are capable of beating anybody at the Liberty, away is another matter, been pretty awful this season and are looking for their first win away.If they turn up very difficult match,if they don't then 3 points could be obtained providing we do not give away stupid goal.Can see a 1-1 with Sherwood still in the hot seat.

The very fact that the Swans haven't won away just makes our loss that bit more inevitable. We continually prove to be the very best opposition to face if you need to stop the rot or break a trend of poor results. 

Pretty much this, the only two away wins Stoke have achieved in last 6 months have been at VP, one of the few times WBA will win away from home against 11 men will be against us, only point Sunderland have got away from home was against us....

We're just a poor team. By rights we should be confident of a result against someone who's lost 4-1 at Southampton, lost at Watford and only drawn at Sunderland but Swansea to me just have so much more quality than us in central midfield and upfront and they will create plenty v us.

I remember last years game happened in the middle of a good Sherwood run and they controlled midfield and should've been well ahead before the late Gomis winner.

With this being win or bust for Sherwood I imagine he'll put a very attacking team out, probably go 4-4-2 which will play into Swansea's hands.

1-2.

Guzan 

Richards..Crespo..Clark..Amavi

.................Sanchez

........Gana……..Veretout

........Gil……....Grealish

………...Ayew

Richards and Amavi bombing forward. Gestede should be a plan B for us. Not really a starter in the PL

Swansea last won in the league on the 15th if August.

ergo they will win this one. Easily.

They won't win it because they haven't won away in ages, they'll win because we're awful, especially at home.

Edited by Mantis

We are truly awful. That being said, we aren't bad enough to finish the season with 4 points, so at some point we will get a result of some kind. I think this match is as likely as any. Swansea just don't seem to get up to much away from home, so it's as likely now as any other time. I still don't think we'll win, nor keep a clean sheet, but maybe a 1-1 draw is just about possible.