Sherwood Poll

TrentVilla

Tim Sherwood's future?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to call it a day with Tim?

Beating Swansea isn't going to mean he's the right manager for us. The club should the right thing and sack him now.

We're not going to beat Swansea anyway. It's clear as day to everybody here that we will most likely lose without scoring (as we so often do at home) and that this will continue but the board seem to be intent on delaying the inevitable.

• Like 3

I went for no ... We aren't as bad as results have suggested , even if we do lack any clue up front ..I don't think he's lost the dressing room and  i'm not sure that Rodgers is the man to save this team any more than Sherwwod .

With Sunderland and Bournemouth envitable to go down he can still have a few more games before we need to panic ... But i think he is toast if we lose v Swansea

the frustrating thing is I think the fans could pick a better side with the players we have than he seems capable of doing

• Like 1

Kept us up last season, got us to our first cup final at Wembley in many years, gave a chance to Grealish which he would NEVER have got under Lamberk and proved to be a potential star, got us playing (at times) MUCH MUCH better football then the utter dross we had to watch under Lamberk. 

9 games in of a new season with practically a new team and the fans want him out. Pathetic. Give him to Christmas at least.

Kept us up last season, got us to our first cup final at Wembley in many years, gave a chance to Grealish which he would NEVER have got under Lamberk and proved to be a potential star, got us playing (at times) MUCH MUCH better football then the utter dross we had to watch under Lamberk. 

9 games in of a new season with practically a new team and the fans want him out. Pathetic. Give him to Christmas at least.

Ridiculous. We'll be relegated by then

• Like 1

I went for no ... We aren't as bad as results have suggested , even if we do lack any clue up front ..I don't think he's lost the dressing room and  i'm not sure that Rodgers is the man to save this team any more than Sherwwod .

With Sunderland and Bournemouth envitable to go down he can still have a few more games before we need to panic ... But i think he is toast if we lose v Swansea

the frustrating thing is I think the fans could pick a better side with the players we have than he seems capable of doing

Everything you have said their pionts to a negative, an then you still say keep him??

• Like 1

Everything you have said their pionts to a negative, an then you still say keep him??

i've highlighted the positives for you :)

Christmas will be too late. We'll be cut adrift by then.

The problems started way before this season. We've won 1 game in the last 12 in the premier league.

• Like 1

Are we "not as bad as results suggest"?

I'd say we were lucky to beat Bournemouth, but unlucky to lose to Palace (instead of a point) and not beat Sunderland (one point instead of three)

Every other game I'd say we got what we deserve.

Not sure what we deserve is much different than what we've got.

• Like 1

I recognise that he had a very difficult job loosing so many key players in the summer and that it takes time to bed in new ones. I'll give him credit for giving us a lift last season when there was massive negativity everywhere and keeping us up.

But, I just can't see anything that suggests he'll turn it around. The options available aren't great but we need to do something soon if we're to have any chance of turning things around. 

Can't really be looking at the Chelsea game (one which we lost anyway) in isolation, when deciding if he should go or not. The season as an whole tells us everything we need to know.

It's why I don't understand why some are waiting for the Swansea game. One game shouldn't decide his future but a number of games should and he has had enough to confirm he isn't good enough.

• Like 3

Are we "not as bad as results suggest"?

I'd say we were lucky to beat Bournemouth, but unlucky to lose to Palace (instead of a point) and not beat Sunderland (one point instead of three)

Every other game I'd say we got what we deserve.

Not sure what we deserve is much different than what we've got.

Bournemouth did very little , though you could argue a 0-0 would have been fair on them

do we have 4 points  , but being generous and giving Bournemouth a point  , results suggest we should have 5  .. that means we are better than results suggest :)

I was thinking more of  Leicester also , where after 71 minutes I doubt anyone was calling for Sherwoods head and we looked a very good team ... and the performance deserved 3 points ... we all know what followed as a result of Sherwood trying to be clever

you could also stake a case that we didn't deserve to lose today as well .....Guzan and an own goal that no doubt the spunk monkey will claim as his , apart from which nobody would have begrudged us a 0-0 would they ?

Ive highlighted in blue the negatives

3 negatives 2 positives points to Sherwood has to go:)

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

Ive highlighted in blue the negatives

3 negatives 2 positives points to Sherwood has to go:)

Just my theory: I think he has lost the dressing room. I think the wins last season brought out a selfish sort of cockiness that the players saw through and have done since.

The Leicester match should've woke up the board to the fact that he hasn't a clue what he's doing. I almost miss Deadly, cuz he might have sacked him right there and then.

Edited by maqroll

Was never really happy with him from day one. Got us to the cup final, but the league results are shocking right now. His inexperience is really showing through.

Edited by Daniel