The Missing Thread

maqroll

I think those 80's pocket rockets were free of all those nuisance bits of regulation about crush zones, safety cages, air bags, exhaust emissions.

Its political correctness gone mad nowadays! Bring back the flimsy death traps :)

• Like 1

Nightclubs are shit. Full of "macho" wannabes who strut around peacocking.

I agree partly. The commercial Broad St clubs like Risa, Rococo, The Works, etc (think they've all gone now but you get the point) aren't my cup of tea at all and you always feel that you are just a wrong look away from it kicking off. The 'proper' club nights mentioned earlier, the atmosphere was different. People are just there to have a good time and it was about the music if that makes sense, I realise that sentence makes me sound like a right pretentious rocket polisher!

• Like 3

Ice cream chewits, cheats and unlocks in games (its called dlc now), invisible cola, Christmas as a kid, my nan, Eddie guerrero, Macho Man, Warrior, Dusty, Spike Milligan, 6 week summer holiday.

• Like 1

Nightclubs are shit. Full of "macho" wannabes who strut around peacocking.

I agree partly. The commercial Broad St clubs like Risa, Rococo, The Works, etc (think they've all gone now but you get the point) aren't my cup of tea at all and you always feel that you are just a wrong look away from it kicking off. The 'proper' club nights mentioned earlier, the atmosphere was different. People are just there to have a good time and it was about the music if that makes sense, I realise that sentence makes me sound like a right pretentious rocket polisher!

Yeah, the 'beer boy' bars mentioned had their place, usually for footie and a burger on a Saturday afternoon, very rarely on a night, rough places! I'd sooner be around a bunch of kids on whizz than a bar full of knuckleheads boozed up on shit Carling

• Like 1

i miss being able to watch match of the day as even though i'm 50 i can't watch it if we lose.

this still confuses my missus, I can't watch it if we've lost

it's probably the time of day she works out why I was in that silent rage a few hours earlier

• Like 1

i miss being able to watch match of the day as even though i'm 50 i can't watch it if we lose.

this still confuses my missus, I can't watch it if we've lost

it's probably the time of day she works out why I was in that silent rage a few hours earlier

Yep, same here. [emoji84]

• Like 1

I'm exactly the same. And even when I do watch it I find myself skipping over our game.

• Like 2