The VillaTalk Good Pub Guide

Xela

• 2 months later...
On 01/01/2018 at 18:34, Xela said:

In Salford earlier today (that's a story for another thread)

Popped in here and had a couple. Fantastic selection of ales. 

1059a.jpeg

Used to live 10 seconds from here. Yes to ale selection.

• Like 1

It's not a good pub but for the first time in ten years I'm in Erdington in the church tavern which is the old acorn pub. WTF is happening. It's rough as arseholes but I haven't laughed so much in years. It's kicking off in the most hilarious manner. I can't stop laughing. It's like reality tv. Worst fight in the world. It would only be more funny if David Hate turned up ? all women I wIsh you could all see it !

Edited by KHV
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Was in Slaters a new bar opened by the brewer of the same name here in Stafford. A great addition and another fantastic independant craft ale pub. 

I wish I was in a nice craft ale pub !

9 minutes ago, KHV said:

It's not a good pub but for the first time in ten years I'm in Erdington in the church tavern which is the old acorn pub. WTF is happening. It's rough as arseholes but I haven't laughed so much in years. It's kicking off in the most hilarious manner. I can't stop laughing. It's like reality tv. Worst fight in the world. It would only be more funny if David hate turned up ? all women I wIsh you could all see it !

Erdington High St had arguably the roughest selection of pubs imaginable! From the Swan, to the Roebuck, to the Acorn to the big old Queens Head, which is now a Tesco and flats!

Not exactly the golden mile! 

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Erdington High St had arguably the roughest selection of pubs imaginable! From the Swan, to the Roebuck, to the Acorn to the big old Queens Head, which is now a Tesco and flats!

Not exactly the golden mile! 

Mate it's hilarious. I have been hit on by a 60 year old woman with bleach blond hair a pair of pink hotpants and Nike 180's. Worst thing is I have had 6 Jaeger bombs on top of my Guiness.  #indeeptrouble #halftempted ???

• Haha 1

Just now, KHV said:

Mate it's hilarious. I have been hit on by a 60 year old woman with bleach blond hair a pair of pink hotpants and Nike 180's. Worst thing is I have had 6 Jaeger bombs on top of my Guiness.  #indeeptrouble #halftempted ???

I'll see you there in 20 mins! 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

You need to get a jog on. She now seems interested in a guy with a blues tattoo wearing a body warmer who can break dance to Gloria Estenfan! Can you top that #challengexela ??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I bet the ol biddie is now saying " @Xela...?..now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.......a LONG time !" ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The Druid Inn, Goginan near Aberystwith.

Craft ales galore on tap, and the best steak pie you'll ever eat.

Could you kindly advise on the vegetarian options available there too, just not to upset some folk on here ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Could you kindly advise on the vegetarian options available there too, just not to upset some folk on here ?

Don't call them vegetarian options though, just not to upset some folk on here ;) 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I bet the ol biddie is now saying " @Xela...?..now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.......a LONG time !" ?

Any hole is a goal ?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, KHV said:

You need to get a jog on. She now seems interested in a guy with a blues tattoo wearing a body warmer who can break dance to Gloria Estenfan! Can you top that #challengexela ??

I'm out

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Popped into The Head of Steam on Temple Street last Friday afternoon.

Its only been open for a little over a week or so. Have to say i was quite impressed. Very extensive range of beers, real ales, craft beers, bottled world beers and each beer seems to have its own unique glass rather than a bog standard.

Its also got Sky and BT sport and has live music. A welcome addition to the City Centre i'd say.

1833808652_2018-06-0617_28_12.jpg.6d2dd45792c955e966856eb757f3076c.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, imavillan said:

Its only been open for a little over a week or so. Have to say i was quite impressed. Very extensive range of beers, real ales, craft beers, bottled world beers and each beer seems to have its own unique glass rather than a bog standard.

Its also got Sky and BT sport and has live music. A welcome addition to the City Centre i'd say.

Passed it the other day, looks really good. There is a cuban bar opposite from memory as well. Temple St is turning into a very decent little place for bars. 

Anyone know if The Prince of Wales behind the ICC is closed? 

I'm organising a "Broad Street without going to Broad Street" pub crawl next week and this was my venue between The Malt House and The Distillery, but appears to be closed. 

I don't think there is anything else around there without entering the hell hole which is Brindley place to replace it. 

On 18/06/2018 at 13:17, imavillan said:

How much is the real. Ale per pint? 

I suspect it's going to be pricey, all new bars seem to be. 

Â