The VillaTalk Good Pub Guide

Xela

I went to the Angel Inn a few weeks back Stefan, was good. Didn't realise it was new? What was it before? (I'm not a regular in the Lichfield pubs)

Also went to the Kings Head, they had some live music on. Very enjoyable. 

It was a ridiculously rough pub called 'Samuel's' until about 1 or 2 years ago.

One of my favourite international bars. Joe Bananas, Wanchai, Hong Kong. Always a regular here when I'm in HK. Had some great nights there. 

28812.jpg

open-bar-joe-bananas-2.jpg

50d6c371c094cf6b1a330ee1a0be3d53.jpg?ito

There are a good few cocktail places where the female and flamboyant male members of your party can indulge

The Island Bar (as Pongo has already said), Nuvo, Lost and Found, Jekyll and Hyde, Gingers, Bodega, The Botanist and loads more. You won't be short of options, 

Thanks, Are these proper cocktail bars and not some botched up pre-made mix you see with a lot of 2 for 1's.? 

Remember paying £18 for 2 Mojitos in the summer and was like de-icer with a hint of mint.

Im not a massive cocktail fan but if I'm being dragged along and paying, I **** hate paying for shite be it food or drink. 

Cheers

Edited by Kingman

The Lord Clifden is good in the summer, nice big area round the back for sitting in the sun and the iced thatcher's are bloody good!

Victoria is quality on a Friday/Sat night, play some good tunes in there and its not full of 18 year olds either which is a bonus.

There are a good few cocktail places where the female and flamboyant male members of your party can indulge

The Island Bar (as Pongo has already said), Nuvo, Lost and Found, Jekyll and Hyde, Gingers, Bodega, The Botanist and loads more. You won't be short of options, 

Thanks, Are these proper cocktail bars and not some botched up pre-made mix you see with a lot of 2 for 1's.? 

Remember paying £18 for 2 Mojitos in the summer and was like de-icer with a hint of mint.

Im not a massive cocktail fan but if I'm being dragged along and paying, I **** hate paying for shite be it food or drink. 

Cheers

Yeah, they are. Gingers is owned by Purnells, the Michelin restaurant, so the quality is excellent. Island Bar is meant to be great, I've not been myself, but itsgets rave reviews. Nuvo is popular with my work colleagues but I'm not a fan of the clientele later in the evening (all z-list celebs and WAG wannabes). Lost and Found is very good as well. 

Cheers

Yeah, they are. Gingers is owned by Purnells, the Michelin restaurant, so the quality is excellent. Island Bar is meant to be great, I've not been myself, but itsgets rave reviews. Nuvo is popular with my work colleagues but I'm not a fan of the clientele later in the evening (all z-list celebs and WAG wannabes). Lost and Found is very good as well. 

Nice one Cyril,

Much Appreciated.

Island is awesome.

try a Zombi. £9 a pop but worth it.

Yep Island is good, gets very busy and very sticky sometimes but I've not had a bad night in there apart from the time I was thrown out for falling asleep on the dance floor

• 2 weeks later...

Old Contemptibles, Birmingham

Great pub, was in there the other evening. Good atmosphere and varied range of drinks on tap. 

old-contemptibles-_2433009b.jpg

photo1jpg.jpg

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Sun at the Station in Kings Heath. Great pub. Was there last night as mate was playing a gig in the back room (cover songs)

unnamed-7.jpg

sun-at-the-station-brum-review.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was on a pub crawl yesterday, managed to get to 8 drinking establishments before one of our party passed out!

One that really impressed me was The Church in the Jewellery Quarter. Great cocktails and food looked lovely

Church_Exterior.jpg.640x480_q85_crop-sca

Interior2.jpg.640x480_q85_crop-scale.jpg

The-Church-Inn-rooftop-terrace-Birmingha

3 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The interior looks **** awful.

That's the front, they have a nice back room, which they do private dining or gigs in

space-for-your-own-mardi-gras.jpg

I have been a few times but talking years ago when my mate used to live in Kings Heath. We were semi regulars to Moseley then. Haven't been there in a while

• 1 month later...
Â