Pre Match thread

rjw63

Mourinho just been backed by Roman

The dreaded vote of confidence?

Of course we'll get pummelled if Tactics Tim is still in charge. 4-1 with a consolation goal for Gestede in the last 5 minutes. Tim's excuse this time? I think he'll opt for the "blame the referee" option from his rolladex of it's nothing to do with me I'm brilliant excuses.  

Edited by villa89

This please Timothy, and stop your messing.

3e4c83b8caca3dbb8dc772e64736b1c3.png

That can't be far off our best team, with Ayew being pretty good at tracking back to not make it too attacking. In theory the interlinking between Gil, Ayew and Grealish should threaten any defence and the chance to supply Gestede should get us GAGGing for more.

God knows what he's going to come up with though.

You could maybe put Ayew up top and have Adama on the wing, which is currently the most popular suggestion on that website.  But for me, Gestede's ability to find the net has been one of the few positives and it would make little sense to drop him without very good reason.  Maybe after an hour or so though. Who knows.  The other problem we have is that this side might not be the best one to use in Stamford Bridge.  But sure f**k it, we may aswell go for it. We're at our best going forward, when we bother to.  So why not just go at a fragile Chelsea.  Southampton did it.  Yes they've better players but they've shown you can beat this side.

• Like 2

With the ball it is. There's enough discipline in the likes of Gil, Grealish and even Ayew to mean we wouldn't be too badly exposed when we're not in possession though. More of a 451 then. Let's face it, our strength is in our attacking midfielders so why not use them :)

exactly - play to your strengths! But it depends how frightened he gets by the table - wouldn't be surprised to see a mcleishian nightmare of

------------------------Guzan

-------Richards Lescott Clark Crespo

Hutton------------------------------------------Amavi

------Sanchez Westwood Gana----------

---------------Gestede----------------

This please Timothy, and stop your messing.

3e4c83b8caca3dbb8dc772e64736b1c3.png

If Gabby is fit I want him starting. Mane destroyed their defense with a mix of pace and power. I also want Gil, Grealish, or Traore attacking Ivanovic. 

We can win this match if we come out and attack them, but not stupidly with a 3-5-2 away from home. The line-up you have is great. Maybe Sanchez for Gana to mark out Oscar. 

I think Ayew has done enough to earn a start even if Gabby is fit Czechlad. He has had enough opportunities to show he is worth a starting place but for me has not done enough to keep Ayew out now. 

With the ball it is. There's enough discipline in the likes of Gil, Grealish and even Ayew to mean we wouldn't be too badly exposed when we're not in possession though. More of a 451 then. Let's face it, our strength is in our attacking midfielders so why not use them :)

I don't think we'd get enough of the ball for them to be a factor. Gana is pretty lightweight, Veretout is more of a technical than aggressive midfielder - those two being protected by Gil, Ayew and Grealish would get blown away by every team in this league. I still think midfield is our biggest weakness.

We have good attacking players - the problem is we've got loads of them, for me it's three and three only from Grealish, Gil, Gestede, Gabby, Kozak, Sinclair, Ayew and Traore.

We've got eight decent attacking players - and we've got four proper midfielders in Gana, Westwood, Veretout and Sanchez - for me, that isn't enough, either in numbers or in quality.

I think our best bet against Chelsea is 4-3-3. I've nothing against the 4-2-3-1 (?) you've proposed - I just think Veretout would need to be one of those three.

I play an online RPG called Star Trek Online, there are tons of different ships and configurations but the simple rule is play to your strengths and don't attempt to compensate for the weaknesses. That is, if you have an all out attack cruiser make sure you plough all the energy into your weapons. The ship will take damage as it is not designed to soak up phaser fire, it is purely designed to dish it out and destroy the enemy before they can destroy you.

This is the method of thinking Villa need in my opinion, we need to go out and absolutely pepper teams because we know 100% that we are going to concede anyway. Tim tries to sure up the weaknesses at the cost of attacking, it's not worked so lets just go for it from the start. For the Love of God TIMOTHY, just **** go for it!

I play an online RPG called Star Trek Online, there are tons of different ships and configurations but the simple rule is play to your strengths and don't attempt to compensate for the weaknesses. That is, if you have an all out attack cruiser make sure you plough all the energy into your weapons. The ship will take damage as it is not designed to soak up phaser fire, it is purely designed to dish it out and destroy the enemy before they can destroy you.

This is the method of thinking Villa need in my opinion, we need to go out and absolutely pepper teams because we know 100% that we are going to concede anyway. Tim tries to sure up the weaknesses at the cost of attacking, it's not worked so lets just go for it from the start. For the Love of God TIMOTHY, just **** go for it!

Lambert tried that tactic once at Stamford Bridge and we lost 8-0.

• Like 2

Lambert tried that tactic once at Stamford Bridge and we lost 8-0.

It's almost an entirely different set of players now though, worth a go I say.