Who next for the hot seat?

Richard

Who do you want  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Name the new boss

Cesare Prandelli. Currently not in a job and a Villa fan too.

Came to say this. I don't think I can survive another bus parker or hoofball merchant, "safe" or not.

said it before I would rather go down than have a Allardyce or Pulis in charge

100% disagree with this. You would rather risk going into the football abyss than appoint managers who have proven track records in organising teams effectively and keeping them in the the league. Absolute madness.

Allardyce has even built attractive teams at West Ham and Bolton, and Pulis did the same at Crystal Palace. Quite honestly, I don't ever remember a Villa team getting an easy game against an Allardyce or Pulis team, whereas I think most other teams get an easy game against us!

Tony Pulis has never built a good football team, he was at Palace 6 months he inherited most of that squad and it was hardly Swansea to watch. As for Allardici he was sacked from West Ham for the same reason

Dont want to see our team filled with Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll type players. Took us years to get rid of **** Heskey

• Like 1

Cesare Prandelli. Currently not in a job and a Villa fan too.

Came to say this. I don't think I can survive another bus parker or hoofball merchant, "safe" or not.

said it before I would rather go down than have a Allardyce or Pulis in charge

100% disagree with this. You would rather risk going into the football abyss than appoint managers who have proven track records in organising teams effectively and keeping them in the the league. Absolute madness.

Allardyce has even built attractive teams at West Ham and Bolton, and Pulis did the same at Crystal Palace. Quite honestly, I don't ever remember a Villa team getting an easy game against an Allardyce or Pulis team, whereas I think most other teams get an easy game against us!

Tony Pulis has never built a good football team, he was at Palace 6 months he inherited most of that squad and it was hardly Swansea to watch. As for Allardici he was sacked from West Ham for the same reason

Dont want to see our team filled with Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll type players. Took us years to get rid of **** Heskey

Pulis used the players he had a Palace and turned them into an effective and entertaining team, albeit for a short time. Allardyce did a very good job at West Ham, and built the foundations which Bilic is taking on now.

IMO we need an Allardyce type to steady the ship and turn us into a mid-table team again, rather than a team fighting relegation every year. Once we are established in mid-table, then we can maybe look to take a step up in manager, as West Ham have done. Its a shame looking back that Houlier left, he might have been the man to sort us out.

It doesn't matter, he won't be sacked before Christmas.

I am the only one thinking Tim will be sacked in the next few days?

I think he will be sacked. Think Fox will acknowledge they made a mistake and try to correct it fast.

Agreed with both the above. The interna break is tthe perfect opportunity.

Regarding Noel's point on Fox. I would hope that running a club such as ours, he would have a 'live plan b'

Before Fox I had the impression that a job search would start with 'what now' the morning after a sacking.

I hope you are right!

On the way out of VP today, my friend I go with suggested Allardyce. Now I've sat and watched some rubbish in my time going to B6 and I said that if Allardyce was appointed,  he could have my ST for the rest of the season and take his dad if he wanted. 

After having had some time to calm down a bit and reflect on this, I actually find myself still of the same opinion.

The last thing I want is to be relegated, and that should be avoided at all cost. However, I would always want a manager who could offer some form of hope. Hope for interesting, progressive modern football.

• Like 2

Gary Rowett or Prandelli. Both villa fans. Both surely sick of seeing this great club playing like luton town.

Is Prandelli a villa fan?

How did that happen?

Italy boss Cesare Prandelli is an Aston Villa supporter - and that's official.

The news was brought to us by Simone Farina, our head of sports integrity.

Farina met up with Prandelli on the eve of the Italy v Ireland friendly at Craven Cottage this past weekend.

It was there that Prandelli revealed his admiration and respect for the claret and blues - and his desire to head to a game next term.

Farina said: "Mr Prandelli told me that he has liked Aston Villa for many, many years.

"It is obviously due to the fact that in Italy, Aston Villa is renowned as a very famous club.

"Mr Prandelli also told me of his desire to come to Villa Park to see a game next season."

It wouldn't be the first time that Prandelli has been to Villa Park.

Prandelli

On the way out of VP today, my friend I go with suggested Allardyce. Now I've sat and watched some rubbish in my time going to B6 and I said that if Allardyce was appointed,  he could have my ST for the rest of the season and take his dad if he wanted. 

After having had some time to calm down a bit and reflect on this, I actually find myself still of the same opinion.

The last thing I want is to be relegated, and that should be avoided at all cost. However, I would always want a manager who could offer some form of hope. Hope for interesting, progressive modern football.

How much of that have we really seen over last 5 years? It wasn't that great until MON but we were winning most weeks and expectations were different. Apart from a 3 month spell in Lambert's first season and the run in last season I've rarely enjoyed watching us since 2010.

Yes I know Big Sam is long ball but that can still produce goals and wins. Blimey we might actually win some games at VP with his style, I think most would take that given our record now stands at a barely believable 71 points from 74 home games since November 2011.

There's part of me that thinks Big Sam would just be horrible. Players such as Gil and Grealish wouldn't get a look in. 

But then there's another part of me that thinks maybe we need a manager like that to lay the foundations down, and then bring in a better manager after 2 or 3 years to then improve it further. Seems to have worked for West Ham, Stoke and Crystal Palace (With Big Sam and Pullis). 

Edited by PieFacE

There's part of me that thinks Big Sam would just be horrible. Players such as Gil and Grealish wouldn't get a look in. 

But then there's another part of me that thinks maybe we need a manager like that to lay the foundations down, and then bring in a better manager after 2 or 3 years to then improve it further. Seems to have worked for West Ham, Stoke and Crystal Palace (With Big Sam and Pullis). 

Stewart Downing is every bit a flair player as Carles Gil. He was playing some excellent football this time last year in a big Sam team.

He will get us organised, surely that is what we need. If we start keeping clean sheets we'll start picking up points as we have players who can nick goals.

Go all out for Lucien Favre.

Took over Gladbach in 2011 when they were relegation candidates and saved them from relegation. The next seasons they finished 4th, 8th, 6th and 3rd. Resigned last month after a poor start to the season. The guy is a complete perfectionist but is maybe to big of a name for us. But he's a free agent and could see this as a project that is exciting. I think with the players we've got we could play some decent football if someone knew how to manage them.

• Like 1