Who next for the hot seat?

Richard

Who do you want  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Name the new boss

Should have just got rid of Sherwood after the cup final Southampton defeat. Would have meant less restrictions on the type of manager who we could go for.

Edited by useless

I posted this on Twitter before I saw this thread. These are the most notable free-agent managers I saw when browsing the list on Transfermarkt:

- Lucien Favre

- Remi Garde

- Roberto Di Matteo

- Murat Yakin

- Vincenzo Montella

- Jens Keller

- Bernd Schuster

- Sam Allardyce 

- Paulo Bento

Favre would be the dream but unlikely to take the job, Montella also for that matter. Garde could be a decent fit with our French connection and all. Sure, Allardyce is the solid realist option but I think we can (and should) be aiming for better.

Start at the top of the list ask him how much he wants to do the job,and find the best man available,work your way down and then give the job to Allardyce.

Fat Sam was something like the 4th highest paid manager in football at West Ham wasn't he ?

doubt we could afford him

everyone we bring in is going to be a gamble though

if only Guzan and Amavi hadn't gifted Palace 3 points and Tim hadn't gifted Leicester 3 points , then we wouldn't be having this discussion 

we need stability, no more gambles, no chances, no projects, no maybes, someone to just come in steady us, keep us safe, even if that is at the expense of making us boring, make VP a tough place to visit, all under the provision that lerner is still trying to sell, 2-3 year fix, if we go down we are stuck with lerner and stuck doing absolutely nothing

id have taken pulis, id take fat sam

not the step forward that people want but very little risk of the major step back

It doesn't matter, he won't be sacked before Christmas.

I am the only one thinking Tim will be sacked in the next few days?

I think he will be sacked. Think Fox will acknowledge they made a mistake and try to correct it fast.

It doesn't matter, he won't be sacked before Christmas.

I am the only one thinking Tim will be sacked in the next few days?

If Fox is as smart as he seems then I think he'll sacked anytime now. I wouldn't be surprised if the replacement is already lined up.

• Like 2