England squad for Estonia & Lithuania Euro 2016 Qualifier

andykeenan

He's played well for two halves of football for Liverpool now, that's pretty much the going rate for an England cap. 

I guess Andros Townsend has finally run out of luck. 

I completely forgot about Townsend. Not getting a game for Spurs is he, not that that stops Roy picking players like Gibbs, Phil Jones and Walcott who often aren't first choice for their club.

It's hard to legislate against that kind of thing but in an ideal world it would be nice if a fair rule could be brought in where if a player is 'claimed' by a senior cap before the age of X and goes Y years without playing again for that country, then he can re-declare because of what then gets deemed as a cynical stock-piling cap.

• Like 1

It's hard to legislate against that kind of thing but in an ideal world it would be nice if a fair rule could be brought in where if a player is 'claimed' by a senior cap before the age of X and goes Y years without playing again for that country, then he can re-declare because of what then gets deemed as a cynical stock-piling cap.

think they had a amnesty a few years ago for players as Tim Cahill couldnt play for Australia for a while as he played for Samoa I think it was

on earlier posts saying international caps are given away. The following average/shit Villa players have won caps over the last 15 years so nothing new on that part

Carson, Luke Young. Warnock, Knight, Richardson, Shorey, McCann, Vassell, Bent, Agbonlahor, Cole

even Jlloyd Samuel and Davies got a call up. Only shit Villa defender to not get a call up was Ridgewell :P

I remember the one season; or maybe half a season; where Jlloyd was all of a sudden possessed by the spirit of Cafu and he was amazing, and then just like that, he went back to what he'd been before.

• Like 1

Lallana I get. We know what he can do and England don't have that many of that kind of player. Even if he hasn't done it for Liverpool. But Dele Alli. Jesus wept. I know he has huge potential but they really do hand England caps out like skittles these days.

What has he done for England out of interest? I think he's been an awful buy for Liverpool.

Vasell played very well for England to be fair to the lad.  I think the only time he played better than during his first 10 England caps were those games for Manchester City against us when he'd miraculously transform from a guy who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo into the bastard lovechild of Gerd Muller and Pele. 

• Like 2

Â