England squad for Estonia & Lithuania Euro 2016 Qualifier

andykeenan

Goalkeepers

Jack Butland (Stoke City), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

Defenders

Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton)

Midfielders

Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)

Forwards

Danny Ings (Liverpool), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

listening to radio about Grealish the other day and they were saying Ireland are going to have a hard time with the granny rule as England are lacking talent that they will pick up players that Ireland wanted before.

Looking at the squad and you can they had a point Vardy and Ings are nowhere near international quality. Jon Walters would probably be up for a cap now if he didnt change nations ;)

Alli has played in every league game for Spurs except 1 so far this season but still probably early to get a call up but with England qualified they can take the risk

He's only started two or three though. 

Lallana I get. We know what he can do and England don't have that many of that kind of player. Even if he hasn't done it for Liverpool. But Dele Alli. Jesus wept. I know he has huge potential but they really do hand England caps out like skittles these days.

• Like 1

Oh I know it's not a very recent phenomenon. But it seems to be getting worse. You only need a debut for a top side now and Woy comes sniffing and probably to claim you internationally too. I suspect that's a large part of the manager's motivation.

There is so much more international football these days too, we've had more players reach 100 caps for England in the past five years than we had in the previous hundred and thirty because international fixtures come so thick and fast. 

There's nearly an argument to say a cap should be for competitive games only. Which would still be fine as they're always either qualifying or playing finals anyway.

to be fair to vardy he's got 6 goals in 7 games so far this season, got no problem with alli either, been good from what ive seen of him

ings and lallana getting called up is a joke, chamberlain is in terrible form, wheres mason?

I agree Vardy has been very impressive. Can't say I rate Ings one little bit

Oh I know it's not a very recent phenomenon. But it seems to be getting worse. You only need a debut for a top side now and Woy comes sniffing and probably to claim you internationally too. I suspect that's a large part of the manager's motivation.

Yep, I bet that's a huge part of it. Alli's eligible for Nigeria isn't he?
I bet part of the motivation is to get him an England cap just in case he ends up being really good.

Kind of sad really.

Â