Ultimate handheld guide

Dodgyknees

As much as I enjoy my 360 and want a PS4, I am a huge handheld gamer.

I'm hoping by opening a thread I can find others here who enjoy gaming on the go, for all systems.

Currently I am playing Fallout Shelter on my Ipad, returning to Persona 4 on my Vita and also playing through Pokemon Gold on my 3DS. I am possibly looking to add more games to my collection soon, including Lego Jurassic World.

What are you playing?

Limbo and Thomas Was Alone are two of the best games I've played on my phone recently. Both excellent platformers.

Also playing "Head Soccer", a fun La Liga football game. Very addictive.

score! hero is the best football game for phones / tablets yet IMO

used to be a huge fan of plants v zombies and angry birds, tbh im disappointed by the vast majority of the games because they arent free, simpsons tapped out, the sim city game, the recent Jurassic park game, i end up deleting a lot of them

• 4 weeks later...

Thomas Was Alone is a great little time waster, might give Head Soccer a go :)

Head soccer is fun for a bit. But the levelling up is poor.

Basically you play leagues or cups and if you win you level up and that opens up tournaments of harder difficulty.

At first, it's set up so that one league win opens up the next difficulty. So you play a league once and bam, the next one is open. 
Then it gets a bit harder and you have to do a league AND a cup to open up the next level. Fine, still ok. No repetition.

Then it gets to a stage where you have to win a league a couple of times to open up the next level. Now I'm at a stage where it appears I need to win a league and a cup several times to open up the next levels. A hell of a lot or repetition.

So it's lost me. It's probably geared towards making people pay for the next levels.

Fun for a while though

Score Hero gets another vote for me. But I've had to delete it as every time I went to play it said I had no memory to play it, I had to delete other things and it got to the point that I wanted to keep everything else.... Was in season 12 as well.

Currently playing need for speed 

I only use my 3DS for Pokemon games really.

Nithing wrong with that! Pokemon is the game I turn to in order to relax, and the only one I play on my 3DS atm.

Mainly playing Jurassic world on my vita right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a 3DS XL for £30 from someone at work. He said he got it second hand and cant remember what he paid for it. Seemed too good to be true, but he let me use it for a week before buying. Everything seemed cool. Gonna jump back on the pokemon train.

Edited by Daniel

I've been playing a game called Lifeline on my phone (and watch!), it's brilliant! Basically, it's about a girl who gets stranded on a planet and you are her only hope of being saved. You offer bits of advice and try to guide her through some difficult situations. There are no graphics (it's just a timeline of text between you and her), it's like one of those old books where you make a choice and good/bad happens from it. 

One of my favourite recent mobile gaming experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FKPPc47AWY

Edited by DK82

Got Killzone Mercenary (brilliant game), Tearaway, Freedom Wars (still yet to play it), ModNation Racers, FIFA Football, Minecraft (had it on PS3 so it was free) and same goes for the Jak&Daxter trilogy and the first the Crash Bandicoot games. Bought Virtua Tennis 4 and a 3 game download voucher from eBay which should be arriving soon. All in all, building a decent library of games. Just need that memory stick!

On 11/17/2015, 9:50:45, Stevo985 said:

Sonic dash is my new toilet game. Lots of fun.

Bit bored of it now. Looking for something new now.

Did download Trials Frontier, but the latest update broke it. Won't even start up anymore.

4 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Got Killzone Mercenary (brilliant game), Tearaway, Freedom Wars (still yet to play it), ModNation Racers, FIFA Football, Minecraft (had it on PS3 so it was free) and same goes for the Jak&Daxter trilogy and the first the Crash Bandicoot games. Bought Virtua Tennis 4 and a 3 game download voucher from eBay which should be arriving soon. All in all, building a decent library of games. Just need that memory stick!

Killzone is very good. Uncharted is another to checkout. I'll write a bit more later on, or when free, as there are some corkers around :)

stevo (not quoted) try and beat my score of 984 on smashy road.... /challenge set.

I'm downloading Lifeline 2

Edited by DK82

Â