THPS5

AVFCDAN

It's the culture of patching games.

It seems to have become acceptable to release games that are genuinely unfinished because it can all be fixed with a patch later on.

Yup, seems it is the modern way. It really frustrates me too. I still haven't forgiven DICE for BF4. 

New software, 2 new consoles and no time given given by the worst publishers (arguably).

It wasn't as bad as BF3 though.

The biggest thing you can say about this game is that even if it was working correctly, it's a big pile of shit. I'd rather play the older games than what this looks like in the trailers. 

I'd rather play this buggy version than a working version of it just for the laughs. I've read that all the glitch videos are with the 7GB patch already installed AND the game won't even load up if you haven't got the patch installed. :lol: 

It seems to have become acceptable to release games that are genuinely unfinished because it can all be fixed with a patch later on.

Yup, seems it is the modern way. It really frustrates me too. I still haven't forgiven DICE for BF4. 

New software, 2 new consoles and no time given given by the worst publishers (arguably).

Hmmm... still no excuse imo. I know you're a DICE fanboi and all that but BF4 is the worst launch of a game i've ever seen (especially as it was a game I wanted to play so much!)

BF3 was fine IIRC, had no issues with that on PC at launch. 

Interestingly there doesn't seem to be many reviews out for THPS5, Though did notice this... :lol:

The more Tony Hawk I play the angrier I get. Currently torn between never playing it again and playing more to write a review.

Hmmm... still no excuse imo. I know you're a DICE fanboi and all that but BF4 is the worst launch of a game i've ever seen (especially as it was a game I wanted to play so much!)

BF3 was fine IIRC, had no issues with that on PC at launch. 

Interestingly there doesn't seem to be many reviews out for THPS5, Though did notice this... :lol:

Just had a google. They didn't release any early copies for reviewers.

That's normally a sure fire sign that the game is shite.

Well I've only gone and bloody bought it.

Only cost me 30 and even if I want to get rid after 2 weeks I'll just put the 20-25 quid trade in value to the next game.

Couldn't resist the nostalgia.

Whyyyyyyyyyy

Truth be told im about 300 quid up from gambling over the last 7-10 days, I can afford to lose a tenner between buying the game and trading it in a few weeks down the line.

I get the impression all the really low reviews are because of the glitches and unfinished nature of the game, personally that doesn't bother me too much and will probably add to the comedy value of the game. Im sure in the next week or two there will be a few more patches to sort some of the worst issues out.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Truth be told im about 300 quid up from gambling over the last 7-10 days, I can afford to lose a tenner between buying the game and trading it in a few weeks down the line.

I get the impression all the really low reviews are because of the glitches and unfinished nature of the game, personally that doesn't bother me too much and will probably add to the comedy value of the game. Im sure in the next week or two there will be a few more patches to sort some of the worst issues out.

Read those reviews. It's not getting low scores just because its unfinished. It's getting them because its a badly designed, low quality product and nothing more than Activision meeting a contractual obligation, hoofing a bag of shit out the door just so they can say to Tony Hawk "There's your game we said we'd make, happy? Now **** off." Jeff Gerstmann's review is particularly scathing.

Right so here is my review.

Firstly, its ok. I haven't come across any game breaking bugs personally other than a lack of gravity during some bail outs but when you go shooting off into the sky its actually quite amusing. The graphics really aren't very good although perfectly functional. The online aspect is completely pointless and adds nothing. Yes you are skating with others but to no benefit other than seeing their character flit around the screen and occasionally bumping into them. There is nothing added at all and nothing social about it whatsoever.

As I suspected the scores of 3 and 4 out of 10 were not exactly reasonable. For what it is its a 6 out of 10 game. The main problem which doesn't seem to be referenced is that gaming has just moved on. You now have the likes of GTA where some of the in game activities are more fleshed out than this entire game. I don't think this is a criticism you can throw at the developers, people wanted an old school Tony Hawks game and that essentially what they've got. After playing for 2 hours and smashing various barrels and collecting hidden dvds there's really not any more to the game, 15 years ago that was fine, now not so much.

In short, the levels are quite lazily designed and the graphics are much worse than is acceptable and I don't really like the slam feature. It does have the classic vibe about it which is what I was looking for really, its just never a premium 45 quid title, that's where they have gone badly wrong.

As a Tony Hawks game 6.5/10, as a premium price title 5/10

Â