THPS5

AVFCDAN

Somehow this has been off my radar until the last week or so, got quite excited that I could pick this up by Friday as I loved the old games.

From reading the initial reports on Neogaf it appears the game is totally broken and requires a day 1 update double the size of the game for it to even run properly. The graphics look terrible and the levels appear to have been designed with the own create-a-park editor included with the game.

Despite all the terrible first impressions I might still pick this up, anyone else planning to?

There's rumours that it started off as a mobile game but eventually became a full price premium game which wouldn't surprise me.

All they had to do was charge 15-20 quid and release as a Live/PS Network download and most faults would have been forgiven I think. They have gotten the release model all wrong for this game.

Ah!

That makes more sense. Is this the game that they completely changed all the graphics because it looked absolutely shit?

It was Tony Hawks 3 for me. Got it in a bundle when I got my PS2 and put hours and hours and hours into it

The progression from adding a manual in 2 and then a revert in 3 along with improving graphics and bigger parks to skate in with more goals meant they just kept getting better.

It probably helped that at 14-15 I was the right age to just spend all my time playing them but they were great games. I kind of want that again even if it is a broken mess.

It's the culture of patching games.

It seems to have become acceptable to release games that are genuinely unfinished because it can all be fixed with a patch later on.

Yup, seems it is the modern way. It really frustrates me too. I still haven't forgiven DICE for BF4. 

Edited by PieFacE

All they need to do now is incorporate micro-transactions and it will be the worst received game in recent memory.

Destructoid have done the first proper review and it seems to hint at why the game will be ok once they have finished patching it.

Â