Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

53 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That would be true of every nation.

So in the last 200 years the deaths from British killing British people is more than all the dead we have killed during all the wars in that time,  1st WW ,  2nd WW, Iraq, Falklands etc..

Same for Russia ? Who lost over 25 Million civilians in one war ?

Same for Monaco ?

Same for Japan ? (Re: WW II end game specifically)

Are you 100% sure about that ?

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

they are saying its possibly terrorist related.

Just can't see a center for the disabled in San Bernardino a target ISIS ever dreamt of attacking. Unless their lone wolf plea was heeded. But the fact that the male killer worked there makes me think that this was just another office shooting, with Muslim killers who may have been sympathetic with jihadist groups. So a two for one for the killers then. Normal American shooting with the added spice of "terrorism" for good measure.

Edited by maqroll

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Just can't see a center for the disabled in San Bernardino a target ISIS ever dreamt of attacking. Unless their lone wolf plea was heeded. But the fact that the male killer worked there makes me think that this was just another office shooting, with Muslim killers who may have been sympathetic with jihadist groups. So a two for one for the killers then. Normal American shooting with the added spice of "terrorism" for good measure.

yeah i dont think its isis related. apparantly he had been radicalised and has links with jihadists so was probably a lone wolf attack if anything.

12191978_536912853123823_796047988514501

12321461_537170443098064_368405734662215

From a page called Open & Concealed Carry Laws. A friend of mine shared the first image on Facebook.

You know when you see the odd lunatic on an article about a shooting claiming this and that about how Switzerland requires everyone to carry a gun at all times and they never have a shooting and therefore that's what USA should do, and then they get destroyed in the replies. The comment section on this page reads like that. They must get such a shock when they post somewhere else and people disagree with them. Must make posting on that page very comforting for them by comparison. 

Edited by YLN

This friend of mine posted an article with the headline: 

Would-be Waffle House robber dies after having been shot by customer

And his caption on it was, 'Thank god for armed civilians'.

The irony of it was completely lost on him. He's a good guy, just that side of the world (South Carolina) is a little bit different in that they all have the nearly exact same opinion on guns and when they have a discussion about something it's all of them agreeing with each other and Fox News. To have such reinforcement of an opinion like that makes it very confusing and aggravating when they hear one to the contrary. 

Surely at a Waffle House you can just eat your way through the walls at night when nobody's there and knick the money?  

Perhaps an easy generalisation, but I think the difference between a nutter or two in the US having the opportunity to get a load of guns and shoot dead over a dozen people before getting killed themselves, and a nutter over here having access to a knife and seriously injuring one person before getting tazered and arrested shows we have it about right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Surely at a Waffle House you can just eat your way through the walls at night when nobody's there and knick the money?  

I thought that when I went to a branch of The House of Pancakes. Sadly mistaken :(

23 hours ago, maqroll said:

go on...

So the fella who shot and killed the one guy was very very lucky not to get nicked.

Apparently he was within his rights to shoot that fella.

The other fella that was running out of the Waffle House with his back to him however was not fair game. 

I will say no more!

I think the libertarian rightwingers might disagree with her on "Be prepared to give up some privacy". Most of them seem to regard any form of central government as being a bigger enemy than Jihadists.

Â