Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

Every time I see this thread, it gives me 'French Kissing in The USA' by Kim Wilde as an earworm ...

Debbie Harry, but yeah I agree.

Edited by Designer1
added quote

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Apparently a 'middle eastern' man was one of the shooters, the bat shit crazy republicans will be all over this if true.

"Middle eastern" like Jesus was*?

* allegedly

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Apparently a 'middle eastern' man was one of the shooters, the bat shit crazy republicans will be all over this if true.

"Middle eastern" like Jesus was*?

* allegedly

Don't be ridiculous, Jesus was English.

• Like 1

FBI: San Bernardino Shooting Suspects Are Probably Americans, Not "Terrorists"

David Bowdich, the Assistant Director of the FBI, spoke at a press conference addressing the ongoing situation in San Bernardino earlier today. And he is apparently very, very confused about their own definition of the word “terrorism.”

From Bowdich’s statement:

I know one of your questions will be, “Is this a terrorist incident?” I will tell you right now, we do not know if this is a terrorist incident. We start from the beginning, working with our local partners. We take the presumption that it may be or it may not be

In this case, “we do not know if this is a terrorist incident,” actually means, “we do not know if this is related to Islam from overseas.” Because by almost any definition of the word, the slaughtering of 14 innocent people is, of course, terrorism.

Officer says no indication it's "terrorism in the traditional sense people might be thinking of" which is a hell of a euphemism.

Then again the current suspects are supposedly white. In which case this is just another isolated incident of a loner gone wrong—isolated like the hundreds that came before it.

http://gawker.com/fbi-san-bernardino-shooting-suspects-are-probably-amer-1745816247?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Edited by Keyblade

Sad days here. My sister won't let my nephew go to see star wars on opening night because she's afraid of a random shooting...and I don't think she's overreacting. But THE TERRORISTS are more of a danger, if you believe what you're told on TV. This country is ****.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sad days here. My sister won't let my nephew go to see star wars on opening night because she's afraid of a random shooting...and I don't think she's overreacting. But THE TERRORISTS are more of a danger, if you believe what you're told on TV. This country is ****.

It must be scary as hell over there. Where you can get taken out at a damn movie theater, the one place where you go to escape reality for a couple of hours.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

She'll be ok.  Just tell her to take a gun with her for safety

American's have killed more of each other than all the dead from the various conflicts they have been involved in over the last 200 + years.

If they could see themselves in the same way we do they should all break down and cry their eyes out.  Having that amount of guns in close proximity to children and normal people just trying to get along in life is an embarrassment,  they should all be ashamed of themselves to be honest,  gun holders and non gun holders together,  how can intelligent people end up in a society where this is a common every other day thing is beyond me.  When I was in my teens,  if someone turned up for a fight with a weapon he would be laughed at and probably battered for it,  how tough are you if you need a gun in normal everyday life just because on some cobbled together half arsed desperate attempt to make their country and various amendments relevant ? Imagine what it could be without the guns and violence,  they can't ever imagine that.

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

One of my current Clients is called Jesus.

I'm spending most of my time looking for an opportunity in a meeting to say 'what would Jesus do?' 

Get some small ball bearings and tip them into his cupped hands,  hilarity will envelop all who is present. Lock him in a cupboard,  then put a small bin in front.  See if he is there after lunch,  he will never get out of that.

Â