Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

*cough* stop glorifying their military *cough*

Watched a National Geographic thing on aircraft carriers a few weeks back.

The slant on the Gulf Wars was every bit as laughable as RT in top nonsense mode.

More worrying than GTA.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

they've built a supposed mass shooter proof school

has features such as curved corridors to prevent line of sight, concrete barriers to hide behind and additional bullet proof windows so you can see everything, $48m for a 900 pupil school (which I think is just under triple what a school should cost to build)

mental country

The gun nuts are usually the same people who hate government spending and want low taxes.  Maybe they should charge the NRA to shooter proof every school in America.

20 people shot plus 6 killed in Midland/Odessa, where I used to live. All my friends are OK so far.  I used to frequent all the places where this madman went on his rampage across the 2 cities. I know you lot joke about thoughts and prayers, but I am thinking all my friends and the victims.

• Sad 1

As a side note, Texas is today easing the already super soft gun laws making it easier to carry a gun in churches, cars parked near schools and also banning landlords from not allowing guns on their properties.

Foster homes will also be allowed to stock up on guns now.

• Confused 1

Apparently evil people and violent video games are the reason 8 people died in Odessa, Texas, according to their mayor.  It's a "problem of the heart", and the most important thing in situations like this is prayer.   I guess thoughts have been demoted to number 2 spot.

then you throw in approximately 34% of them own a gun

325m people, 110m gun owners, 390m guns

the sweet sweet smell of how protected they are

the other damning stat from that table which is well known but not that talked about is the suicide rate, that's shocking

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

There's more than 1 gun per person in the US?  That's insane. 

All my friends in Texas have at least 2 guns, usually nearer to 5 or 6. I didn't get one, but I was encouraged to get one for self-protection, it would have been easy to legally buy one too as a Legal Permanent Resident. I went target shooting at a local ranch with my mate, he brought a Smith & Wesson and a Glock for us to use. I really enjoyed it, I'd never fired a gun before. It's all so different out there, took a while to adjust.

Â