Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Let's not "both sides" this issue. All this Antifa scaremongering does is obfuscate the threat they're opposing in the first place.

Antifa has claimed 0 lives and maybe a few milkshaked outfits while the ones they're opposing have a body count approaching 100 this year and it's only August. There's no comparison.

I think you are underplaying them somewhat, there appears to be a be a clear escalation in the level of violence they deem acceptable and the brazenness of it.

An individual claiming to be Antifa firebombed an ICE detention centre little more than 2 weeks ago, the perpetrator was shot and killed by the police before he could light a propane tank which would have resulted in mass casualties.

Edited by penguin

6 minutes ago, penguin said:

I think you are underplaying them somewhat, there appears to be a be a clear escalation in the level of violence they deem acceptable and the brazenness of it.

An individual claiming to be Antifa firebombed an ICE detention centre little more than 2 weeks ago, the perpetrator was shot and killed by the police before he could light a propane tank which would have resulted in mass casualties.

The fact that anybody can claim to be Antifa is exactly the point. It's not an organization. It's a loose concept that anybody can subscribe to. Diverting attention to Antifa is about as constructive as trying to tackle the Death Eaters.

It's especially galling to do so when there is a very concrete ideology with deep historical roots and precedence quite literally violently taking root as we speak, and doubly so when that ideology is the very one inspiring this radical push-back in the first place.

55 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The fact that anybody can claim to be Antifa is exactly the point. It's not an organization. It's a loose concept that anybody can subscribe to. Diverting attention to Antifa is about as constructive as trying to tackle the Death Eaters.

It's especially galling to do so when there is a very concrete ideology with deep historical roots and precedence quite literally violently taking root as we speak, and doubly so when that ideology is the very one inspiring this radical push-back in the first place.

This can be directly applied to white nationalism, really not sure what point you're trying to make.

59 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This can be directly applied to white nationalism, really not sure what point you're trying to make.

Antifa is not an ideology. White nationalist/fascism is. 

Anybody can be Antifa. Liberals, libertarians, anarchists, conservatives etc. It's more something you do than something you are if that makes sense.

One and two man attacks are being shrugged off.

The next line could be numbers getting organised, or perhaps heavier weapons or explosives being used?

Who do you want in the Whitehouse then?

In the background Trump's been slashing welfare and services.

I'm ignorant of the what they offer in the US, but cuts rarely decrease numbers of desperate people.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over 35,000 people die per year from gun violence in the U.S.

Black males are 15 times more likely to be shot than white males.

Black Americans are 10 times more likely to die by gun homicide than white Americans.

3 million American children are witness to gun violence every year.

58% of Americans or someone they care for has experienced gun violence.

I've already posted my understanding of the intent of the 2nd amendment, in a nutshell for anyone who missed it..

America's 2nd amendment was written with citizen militias in mind as there was opposition to a professional army.

Now the U.S has a professional army which is at world conquest capabilities, and the citizen militia that is left could not compete.

So, the 2nd amendment is redundant in many ways as it was proposed on the basis of preventing a despotic government jeopardising the rights of the citizens.

Now you have despotic government and professional army that, as I said, could conquer the world. And the guns that were meant to save the public are killing them en masse.

You also had the 2nd amendment written at a peak time for slavery of blacks, and I'll take a stab in the dark and say that blacks weren't in the citizen militias or given arms.

It's so tragic and sadly ironic that the same guns used to keep slaves in check and the citizens 'free', are still keeping blacks down and have enslaved the citizens to a death culture.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

An 8-year-old girl was shot dead in St. Louis near a high school event

(CNN)An 8-year-old girl was killed and three other people were injured in a shooting near a preseason high school football event Friday night in St. Louis, police said.

Investigators are looking for whoever fired the shots. The girl is the 12th child or teenager killed by gunfire in the Missouri city since April, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.
The girl, two teenage boys and a woman were shot near Soldan High School, police said. The girl had just attended a football jamboree -- a series of preseason scrimmages -- at the school with the two teens, CNN affiliate KMOV reported.
Police officers already were in the area when the shooting happened, having started to clear crowds from the school grounds after fights were reported there, St. Louis Police Chief John Hayden told reporters.
The girl was "with family" when she was shot, Hayden said. He didn't say who her relatives were, or whether they were among the injured. He also didn't say what led to the gunfire.
"The little girl wasn't doing anything wrong," Hayden said. "She was with family when this occurred.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/24/us/st-louis-shooting-girl-killed/index.html

• Sad 1

On 15/08/2019 at 15:51, A'Villan said:

Over 35,000 people die per year from gun violence in the U.S.

Black males are 15 times more likely to be shot than white males.

Black Americans are 10 times more likely to die by gun homicide than white Americans.

3 million American children are witness to gun violence every year.

58% of Americans or someone they care for has experienced gun violence.

I've already posted my understanding of the intent of the 2nd amendment, in a nutshell for anyone who missed it..

America's 2nd amendment was written with citizen militias in mind as there was opposition to a professional army.

Now the U.S has a professional army which is at world conquest capabilities, and the citizen militia that is left could not compete.

So, the 2nd amendment is redundant in many ways as it was proposed on the basis of preventing a despotic government jeopardising the rights of the citizens.

Now you have despotic government and professional army that, as I said, could conquer the world. And the guns that were meant to save the public are killing them en masse.

You also had the 2nd amendment written at a peak time for slavery of blacks, and I'll take a stab in the dark and say that blacks weren't in the citizen militias or given arms.

It's so tragic and sadly ironic that the same guns used to keep slaves in check and the citizens 'free', are still keeping blacks down and have enslaved the citizens to a death culture.

They flooded the inner cities with crack in the 80's after they declared a "War on Drugs", making the drug game as dangerous as it was lucrative. It was all a concerted effort. Here's a quote from a former Nixon official on the war on drugs.

"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

One interesting thing is a lot of the OG's from every coast all say that in the beginning of the crack era, they would just find crates of guns mysteriously left on train tracks and the likes. Here's an example

• Thanks 1

Trump is blaming video game violence for the shootings.

And says we must stop glorification of violence in our society.

He also says he is going to bomb countries back to the stone age if they don't do what he want's them to do...

they've built a supposed mass shooter proof school

has features such as curved corridors to prevent line of sight, concrete barriers to hide behind and additional bullet proof windows so you can see everything, $48m for a 900 pupil school (which I think is just under triple what a school should cost to build)

mental country

I genuinly don't understand why they can't just agree on changing their constitution. But after watching this nation kill itself a hundred times over during my 35 year old life, I am certain they will never change. 

While I could to some small degree understand the arguments behind defending your own home and storing weapons, the legality of carrying weapons out in the public is just utterly insane. 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

has features such as curved corridors to prevent line of sight, concrete barriers to hide behind and additional bullet proof windows so you can see everything, $48m for a 900 pupil school (which I think is just under triple what a school should cost to build)

mental country

Pure Michigan.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

mental country

Surely these measures just make it easier for an active shooter to evade capture for longer once he’s in the school?

there will no doubt be measures to prevent them getting in too, would be amazed if the building wasn't compartmentalised trapping the attacker in a certain area (although that prevents escape too)

the main thing is the idea that its the building's design that is the best solution available, madness

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

It would be so much cheaper to just give every kid an automatic weapon. Then they’d be safe out of school too.

Even better, universal home schooling.  No schools, no school shootings. 

Â