Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

I've always thought that teachers in America should be armed and trained to defend their pupils

I know teachers can be crazy as well but at least their background can be vetted somewhat 

If America are not willing to get rid of the guns they should at least level the playing field so staff have a means of fighting back and defending their pupils.

Or even better, give the kids guns.

They don't even need to be lethal guns

Tasers could be used

You'd be better off with a shotgun that fired non lethal rounds (ie bean bags) than a taser which is a single shot device with an extremely limited range. 

I guess we could stop mass shootings at schools by banning schools.  

I've always thought that teachers in America should be armed and trained to defend their pupils

I know teachers can be crazy as well but at least their background can be vetted somewhat 

If America are not willing to get rid of the guns they should at least level the playing field so staff have a means of fighting back and defending their pupils.

You what? :unsure:

• Like 1

"My co-worker pushed me and made me drop my bible, so I shot him "

Before they got chance to read it I assume.

I think if you're a deeply religious Christian and you shoot someone, it's ok because other Christians, and God, will forgive you.

• Like 1

I thought it was a really strong speech by Obama.  Regarding his request to post the terrorism deaths v gun deaths statistics, the first outlet I have found posting them up is ABC here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-02/gun-laws-chart-barack-obama/6822342

To sum up US gun deaths this year total 9940 (probably gone up in the time it has taken me to write this post.  Between 1970 and 2014 there were a total of 3521 terrorism related deaths.  So 44 years of terrorist threat dwarfed by a single year of gun violence in the US.  I think he has a point.

Or even better, give the kids guns.

When kids start school, they should cut off both hands and guns implanted instead.   Maybe right hand a semi-automatic and left side grenade launcher.

Schools would be super-safe then.

• Like 1

Chris Rock had this covered 15 years ago.

All bullets should cost 5000 dollars, then there would be no innocent bystanders.

Yeah, because only rich people should be allowed to shoot people who look at them a bit funny.

• Like 1

Another Proud 'Murican exercises his 2nd Amendment Rights in the face of Obama's attempts to deny Freedom to 'Muricans.

From the BEEB: 

An 11-year-old boy in the US state of Tennessee has been held on suspicion of shooting dead an eight-year-old girl in a row over a puppy.

The boy has been charged with first-degree murder as a juvenile.

According to police, he shot neighbour McKayla Dyer on Saturday evening after she refused to let him see her puppy.

Â