Pre match thread

Arj Guy

There are currently only 2, possibly 3, outfield players that I think 100% of VillaTalk would agree absolutely have to be in the side.  Amavi and Gana with possibly Richards too.  Everyone else might be close to 100% (Gestede, Grealish, Gil?) or varying degrees of it.  That probably says more about the squad at the moment than it does about VillaTalk.

We'll win this, everything will click together nicely and Gary Lineker will tweet "Wow, what's happening at Villa today?!" like he did when we beat Norwich 4-1 a couple of years ago.

The shackles are off, we will win by 3 clear goals and Mark Hughes will look mightily miffed.

There are currently only 2, possibly 3, outfield players that I think 100% of VillaTalk would agree absolutely have to be in the side.  Amavi and Gana with possibly Richards too.  Everyone else might be close to 100% (Gestede, Grealish, Gil?) or varying degrees of it.  That probably says more about the squad at the moment than it does about VillaTalk.

I did say a while back he needs to work out his best team and quick,  needless to say there were plenty on here willing to tell me that was rubbish

Not sure how it could be described as rubbish to know one's best team.

As with most things I rather suspect that respondents opinion was affected quite a bit by the person they were responding too rather than the substantive point of the opinion.  Seems to be a running theme.

• Like 1

The only way I could construe it as 'rubbish' would be if I was to add an unrealistic timescale.  So "he really needs to know his best team by the middle of October" could be rubbish because it simply won't happen.

• Like 1

This surely is the very epitome of a must win game. So no messin', Timmy boy, get the starting lineup and subs right, or you could be in bother.

Yep.  And England to win in the egg-chasing.  I can't have another Saturday like last weekend.  It nearly broke me.

• Like 2

We really need a win.

Grealish and Gil **** have to start! Their confidence on the ball is a must for the rest of the side. Putting together a few moves will lift the whole team and those two can do that. A nervy start is asking for trouble.

Stoke are so different to a few years ago in that they have no spine but a lot of flair around the edges. We can dominate them with some confidence on the ball.

It's Stoke. I guarantee Gil won't start. 

Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Amavi, Veretout, Gana, Sanchez, Grealish, Gestede, Agbonlahor

What the we want:

Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Clark, Amavi, Veretout, Gana, Traore, Gil, Grealish, Gestede

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 2

It's Stoke. I guarantee Gil won't start. 

Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Amavi, Veretout, Gana, Sanchez, Grealish, Gestede, Agbonlahor

What the we want:

Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Clark, Amavi, Veretout, Gana, Traore, Gil, Grealish, Gestede

That second side will get ripped apart, too light up front. The first side, Clark for Lescott and Ayew for Agbonlahor, and it would have a chance.

Also, you have overlooked the fact that the invisible man will be in there. (That's Westwood, by the way)

Edited by AntrimBlack