Ratings and Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Total shit. We could of conceded 6 or 7 in that game and looked lost going forward. Can't keep it tight at the back and look shit going forward = relegation. Need a manager who can organise a team because we have good players imo

No Ayew, no Gil. Playing Lescott, whose only future work should be as an extra on The Walking Dead. No subs until we were 2 down when it was clear to everyone something should change at half time, at the latest. Sherwood's lost me.

• Like 1

Guzan, Amavi and Richards all good. The rest were crap.

MOTM Guzan.

Gestede?

Its funny but I thought despite his 2 goals Gestede was poor today

And the rest...

yep but he's paid to score goals, he did that, can't ask much more.

Benteke would often do tit all for an entire match and score the winning goal.

• Like 2

So during the week we learn that Vertout and Ayew were looking good and Bacuna was playing a bit better. That Clark was better than Lescott.

response: drop Bacuna, bring Vertout on when we need an attacking substitution leave Ayew on the bench. Drop Clark for Lescott.

Put like that, it's a difficult thing to justify isn't it?

I'm not 100% sure on the Bacuna one, for me Hutton is better - but the rest were all pretty clear I think.

• Like 1

Usually I'm not so fussed about formations and tactics, but this time Tim just dropped it. Why on earth did we play so deep when Pool's weakness is at the back. We should've taken the game to them, anyone could see that.

Gana was terrible, others poor. Can't ask for more from Rudy though. clear MotM.

• Like 2

Im set for us to go down more than any other season tbh i dont want us to scrape survival and do it all again i want us to play attacking expansive football next week we need to play the following

Guzan

Hutton   richards    clark    amavi

Gil    vererout     gana      traore

Grealish

Gestede

I want gana and veretout to win the ball and give it to the flair players lets attack attack attack dont care if we lose just wanna go at teams. Liverpool werent great today but we gave the goals on a plate.

Ayew was instrumental in changing the game last week, but Sinclair was preferred, Sinclair stayed on and Jack came off. 

Lescott looked a liability. Hutton was good, Sanchez and Lescott combined to gift them 2 goals. Very negative till the game was out of reach. 

Not very good all round really. Tim needs to sort his best 11 out sharpish.

The most unbelievable fact about the game is that we managed to score two goals. They were mostly Liverpool's making though.

Sherwood is out of his debt. We allowed Liverpool to play with out putting them under any sort of pressure, despite the fact that we were losing the whole match. Why Gil was on the bench the whole match and Sinclair got to play more than 45 minutes is a joke. We have inexperienced players playing under an inexperienced manager that doesn't seem to be learning or improving the slightest.

Every weekend I go over to my dad's to watch Villa with him. It used to be so much fun a few years ago but now it's terrible experience. We both just get frustrated and it makes me hate football. I really want to be done with Villa but it's hard, you know? This club has become a cancer and being a Villa supporter is nothing but pain and misery.

MOTM Guzan.

Gestede?

MOTM Guzan.

Gestede?

And that would have been enough if some of the other players had been better, or, dare I say it, the manager had made better decisions.

Â