Ratings and Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

So how was what Rodgers said a sexist comment

It's a word with a long history of use in putting women down. It's loaded. You can research that, Limpid! It would take you a few seconds on Google.

Rodgers says, "Sometimes we haven't [even] lost games and the hysteria around it is pretty clear. There is maybe something else going on from behind." He goes on to pander to Anfield's fans and players. The implication -- as I read it, not THE truth, not your truth, not Stefan's truth, evidently -- is that the naysayers are not real men but somehow wussified whiners. And yeah, I don't like that.

You really are getting offended by nothing.

It's true that I have been accused of this before. But back on topic, don't you think there's something a little disingenuous about Rodgers' comments, even setting aside the hysteria thing? 

I don't think he's a bad manager, but he's stirring the pot, almost underlining any new build-up before the next match.

I

It'll be back on Thursday or a week tomorrow. The good one has been out galavanting, which I presume has no sexist connotations.

If you judge people on the basis of whether they are sexist, does that make you a sexistist?

It'll be back on Thursday or a week tomorrow. The good one has been out galavanting, which I presume has no sexist connotations.

If you judge people on the basis of whether they are sexist, does that make you a sexistist?

I can't stand those sexistists. I suppose that makes me a sexististist.

• Like 3

I can't stand those sexistists. I suppose that makes me a sexististist.

Only if you judge them for it :)

I've never heard it with a sexist implication. Ever.

Like Stefan, I've never heard it used in a sexist way.

It used to be believed that the womb moves around in the body causing emotional outbursts. So the Greeks used the same word for both.

It has a long, hoary history of being linked with sexist verbal and written attacks on women.  I'm not surprised it would strike you and Stefan as odd.

You might be correct but I would imagine barely anyone in the world had heard of the origins of the word 'hysteria'.

Def Leppard for me.

• Like 1

I've never heard it with a sexist implication. Ever.

Like Stefan, I've never heard it used in a sexist way.It used to be believed that the womb moves around in the body causing emotional outbursts. So the Greeks used the same word for both.

It has a long, hoary history of being linked with sexist verbal and written attacks on women.  I'm not surprised it would strike you and Stefan as odd.

You might be correct but I would imagine barely anyone in the world had heard of the origins of the word 'hysteria'.

Def Leppard for me.

"Barely anyone in the world"? [emoji47]

Never noticed the similarity between 'hysteria' and 'hysterectomy'?

I blame modern schools for no longer teaching Greek and Latin.

• Like 1

Â