The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

58 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Not that there's any justice in the world, but this should become one of those iconic images that sinks a career.

If only he was eating a bacon sandiwch

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's being reported that he's also broken ministerial code again by using government funds to procure a private jet so he could campaign in Hartlepool. The amount of crap on this guy is ridiculous, how's he still in power?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

It's being reported that he's also broken ministerial code again by using government funds to procure a private jet so he could campaign in Hartlepool. The amount of crap on this guy is ridiculous, how's he still in power?!

He's got a massive majority and we've entered a period where falling on your sword in public  life doesn't happen, and there's no one yet ready to oust him (though it'll come - Gove will have another crack once Johnson has been beaten up a bit more and Sunak is feathering his nest already).

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Not that there's any justice in the world, but this should become one of those iconic images that sinks a career.

It's a chop. It says Happy Toast on the shelf.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He's got a massive majority and we've entered a period where falling on your sword in public  life doesn't happen, and there's no one yet ready to oust him (though it'll come - Gove will have another crack once Johnson has been beaten up a bit more and Sunak is feathering his nest already).

Do we think he really has a massive majority in the general public? (I know he does in the commons at the moment).

A lot of the voters last time wanted Brexit done. I assume even if it wasn’t a complete shit show they’d go back to the usual choice. The fact there’s no tangible benefit will only turn more people off him.

NHS? Nope

Afghanistan? Nope

Immigration? Nope

Economy? Nope

Pandemic handling? Nope.

55 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The general public doesn't matter. He has his majority, and he's a few years yet before he even has to consider putting it to the people again.

Unless his popularity dives so far he gets removed. I’m amazed he doesn’t appear to be under threat.

Confirmed in the accounts that BoJo the clowns renovations were funded by a party donor then.

Pretty sure he and his cronies categorically denied that had happened didn’t they? 

Obviously hoping to bury it under the weight of the ongoing Afghan news, and I’m sure the only person who will try to make any noise about it will be Peter Stefanovic (again).

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Confirmed in the accounts that BoJo the clowns renovations were funded by a party donor then.

These are the accounts that couldn’t be located a while ago when the investigation was going on?

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

These are the accounts that couldn’t be located a while ago when the investigation was going on?

Just another bunch of corrupt bullshit from end to end, and nothing will be done about it because it’s not ‘news’ again now, where are the mainstream media outlets and journalists?! What the F is going on these days?! There’s just zero integrity in anything, we are surrounded by servile scum.

• Like 3

This one appears to have gone unnoticed too

Boris Johnson treats election-spending laws 'with contempt,' Labour says in letter demanding Electoral Commission probe into Hartlepool by-election travel

• Labour is calling for the Electoral Commission to probe the Conservatives' spending in Hartlepool.
  • The party spent £86,991.77 out of a £100,000 spending limit, and said they spent £0 on transport.
  • Official rules say the PM's flight to the area to campaign should be split between party and government.

Biz Insider

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Pretty sure he and his cronies categorically denied that had happened didn’t they? 

Obviously hoping to bury it under the weight of the ongoing Afghan news, and I’m sure the only person who will try to make any noise about it will be Peter Stefanovic (again).

Not quite, I think eventually they admitted someone "loaned" Johnson the money but that he'd paid that back. Is there any evidence of this payback in the story? (I can only find a Times paywalled article right now)

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

This one appears to have gone unnoticed too

Biz Insider

No doubt “the PM did not break any rules” will be the outcome after he couldn’t remember key details when asked.

How many investigations have there been into him so far?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not quite, I think eventually they admitted someone "loaned" Johnson the money but that he'd paid that back. Is there any evidence of this payback in the story? (I can only find a Times paywalled article right now)

Paid back right after he heard it was being questioned is my guess.

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes obviously, which is why the crucial question in this latest story is did he actually do that?

It must be great to be a politician, you can rob a bank and if you get caught give it back. If you don’t get caught you keep it. No lose.

Â