The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, why *did* he have a camera in the ceiling of his private office? And who had access to it?

I can't help finding it a bit weird.

And how many people could possibly have had access to the footage inside the private office of a cabinet minister?

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the whip's office have been sat on this footage until such a time that Hancock was more useful in front of a bus than as a meat shield within the cabinet. The private email business too.

They've dumped the blackmail folder to get as much heat on him as possible, and any official inquiry will set him up as the reason for every poor decision in the last 16 months.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, why *did* he have a camera in the ceiling of his private office? And who had access to it?

Exactly and  watching it it all looked fake

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I don’t think he wanted to get out so bad that he’d humiliate his wife and kids like this.

The press will have tipped number 10 off that this was coming though I’m certain.

Theres a few conspiracy theories going around but it just doesnt look real to me 

Ministers promising to investigate the video leak. Maybe it was left with all the classified documents about the British military at a Kent bus stop?

I wonder if the person who leaked the video of a politician kissing his bit on the side will be in more trouble than the person who lost classified military documents.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder if the person who leaked the video of a politician kissing his bit on the side will be in more trouble than the person who lost classified military documents.

I doubt it for several reasons. 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

The whole thing with Hancock looked fake to me. I think he deliberately set the whole thing up so he could get out. 

No chance. There's loads of ways he could have resigned without embarrassing himself and his family to this extent. 

• Like 1

Personally, if I was somewhere, anywhere, within a Westminster ministerial building, I’d presume I’m on camera.

If he didn’t know there was a camera there, are we suggesting it was disguised or hidden? A spy cam inside a light fitting or a smoke detector?

I wouldn’t mind betting it was actually a black perplex dome, a bit like an internal security camera. He’ll have been undone by simply forgetting it was there or presuming it would never be viewed. 

I’m going with familiarity breeds contempt, rather than covert ops from Cummings or Murdoch.

• Like 1

It’s just the kind of arrogant nonchalance you would firmly expect to see from this rabble of shite.

Raab’s probably the only one who hasn’t been directly and individually accused of some form of scandal in the past couple of years isn’t he?

43 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I wouldn’t mind betting it was actually a black perplex dome, a bit like an internal security camera. He’ll have been undone by simply forgetting it was there or presuming it would never be viewed. 

I’m going with familiarity breeds contempt, rather than covert ops from Cummings or Murdoch.

It was reported in The Times that it was a hidden camera, specifically they claimed it was in a smoke detector. The Mail have published an image of the camera and the layout of the room though, and it is exactly as you described.

I don't think it needs to be a hidden camera to have a good idea that there are political machinations at play though, and it's certainly an interesting coincidence that the footage came out the day after Cummings testimony about Hancock.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It was reported in The Times that it was a hidden camera, specifically they claimed it was in a smoke detector. The Mail have published an image of the camera and the layout of the room though, and it is exactly as you described.

I don't think it needs to be a hidden camera to have a good idea that there are political machinations at play though, and it's certainly an interesting coincidence that the footage came out the day after Cummings testimony about Hancock.

Yep, there are two different things here.

There are clearly political machinations. One of the puppet masters has decided now is the time to pull the trigger on something they’ve been holding for awhile. Which has been provided to them by an insider. Whether its Cummings / Murdoch / Johnson or another or a combo is what’s up for debate.

However, it’s different level if it was a hidden camera not on the official security system and unknown to Hancock. If that was the case, I’d expect every minister and every civil servant in all four nations to be demanding an urgent security sweep of everywhere. I’m not picking up that vibe.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That seems the most bonkers thing. 

And I mean if you did, then the footage should be the most secure of secure.  Christ only knows what actual properly SHOULD be secret goings on could have been filmed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s just the kind of arrogant nonchalance you would firmly expect to see from this rabble of shite.

Raab’s probably the only one who hasn’t been directly and individually accused of some form of scandal in the past couple of years isn’t he?

Personally I think his constituency electing an amoeba was pretty scandalous

There have been a few unproven Raab stories and there was an Industrial Tribunal where he had to pay out in a compromise agreement (Bullying rather than sexual iirc)

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That seems the most bonkers thing. 

And I mean if you did, then the footage should be the most secure of secure.  Christ only knows what actual properly SHOULD be secret goings on could have been filmed. 

Yeah, the national security implications are worrying, and no surprise that it's ended up in the hands of Murdoch's media empire. Are they bugging politicians? I seem to recall an allegation during the phone hacking scandal that this was something they were up to, will have to look for it.

I was loathe to post the Mail as a source, but here are the images. It looks pretty conclusive to me. Camera in the top right.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9728843/Matt-Hancocks-affair-footage-office-CCTV-reveals-GLEN-OWEN.html

The sting that brought down Matt Hancock was executed by a whistleblower in his department who contacted opponents of the Health Secretary's stance on lockdown to help expose his affair, The Mail on Sunday can reveal. The clinch took place around this corner (bottom right part of image). The camera in question can be seen on the ceiling (top right-hand corner)

Floorplan: 

44715651-9728843-image-m-139_1624740777485.jpg

The footage of Mr Hancock kissing Gina Coladangelo was caught on a CCTV camera in his office on May 6, and secretly recorded by a member of his department's staff.  Above, the pair's kiss is in clear view of the camera in the ceiling

The position and angle matches up perfectly, I'd say, and it'd be very unusual indeed for the camera to be removed to be replaced with a covert camera in the same position. Hancock was just overconfident that it wouldn't be viewed or used against him.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

No. 10 decided it was time for him to go, they lined up a replacement that was to their liking and then leaked the footage to some friendly journalists to put the final blow in place.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chindie said:

No. 10 decided it was time for him to go, they lined up a replacement that was to their liking and then leaked the footage to some friendly journalists to put the final blow in place.

Very "The Thick of It"

Times front page tomorrow:

E47BPWVWQAcRhNE?format=jpg&name=large

We look likely to get the first necessary legislative steps to set up 'processing' for asylum seekers in a third country, possibly in Rwanda in a centre jointly operated with Denmark. Very, very grim.

EDIT: Though seems like the Rwandans are not on board with this plan, or weren't as of recently anyway:

Maybe we're going to end up doing this 'offshore processing' on the Falklands or something.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Thanks 1

Â