The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What a sad day it would be if this was the thing that got rid of one of them.

Anyway, not sure Johnson is in a place where he could sack someone for being an adulterer.

I'm curious as to what you think Johnson could sack someone for?

He surely can't sack for adultery, dishonesty, incompetence, disloyalty etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I'm curious as to what you think Johnson could sack someone for?

He surely can't sack for adultery, dishonesty, incompetence, disloyalty...

...racism, homophobia, arranging to have someone seriously assaulted...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Dunno. Feels more to me #10 manoeuvres to make shuffling Hancock out even easier.

Chris beat me to it, I can't see how Johnson could use that as a reason to get rid of Hancock, hence my reasoning of Cummings

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Chris beat me to it, I can't see how Johnson could use that as a reason to get rid of Hancock, hence my reasoning of Cummings

Not for any infidelitous reasons, and nor would he, or should he.

But if (as alleged), the lady in question was given senior positions* without the correct process being followed then it stops being about the infidelity and more about Government conduct**

And add to that the question of lockdown breaches. If it were taken on May 3rd as alleged, two or more people meeting indoors was illegal. And it doesn't look like they are working.

*kennethwilliams.jpg

** I know, I know - same applies "still hypocritical to fire him for being corrupt in Government"

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

It can't just be me who thinks Hancock is punching above his weight here? I've always thought of him as utterly incapable of anything approaching competence, so finding out that he managed to be in the presence of a woman and not utterly repel her has not hurt my opinion of him.  That he got caught on camera is 100% on brand though.

When you can't count the deaths you have been responsible for on both hands even when counting in 10's of thousands per finger, I don't see why an affair should make any difference to his career.  Oh no, he's also responsible for the end of a relationship! Don't worry Captain monogamous is here to save us, Boris won't let him get away with this sort of behaviour.

58 minutes ago, Straggler said:

It can't just be me who thinks Hancock is punching above his weight here? I've always thought of him as utterly incapable of anything approaching competence, so finding out that he managed to be in the presence of a woman and not utterly repel her has not hurt my opinion of him.  That he got caught on camera is 100% on brand though.

When you can't count the deaths you have been responsible for on both hands even when counting in 10's of thousands per finger, I don't see why an affair should make any difference to his career.  Oh no, he's also responsible for the end of a relationship! Don't worry Captain monogamous is here to save us, Boris won't let him get away with this sort of behaviour.

Stranger things have happened

image.jpeg.e836b9dbbf5d4b0c9fca351294aef937.jpeg

Johnson *can* sack him for whatever he wants, whenever he wants. 'Logical consistency' and 'not being a hypocrite' don't have anything to do with anything.

As usual, my view is that nobody should be sacked for a consensual sexual relationship. But if the accusation is cronyism or incompetence, then sure.

• Like 1

Matt Hancock gave key Covid role to lobbyist pal

Matt Hancock has failed to declare that he appointed his closest friend from university, who is the director of a lobbying firm, as an adviser — and later gave her a £15,000-a-year role on the board of his department.

Gina Coladangelo, 42, is a director and major shareholder at Luther Pendragon, a lobbying firm based in central London that offers clients a “deep understanding of the mechanics of government”. She is also communications director at Oliver Bonas, a fashion and lifestyle store founded by her husband.

From The Times, last November.

The affair is the business of them and their families. The corruption isn't. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

As usual, my view is that nobody should be sacked for a consensual sexual relationship. But if the accusation is cronyism or incompetence, then sure.

If he's also got the consent of his wife, fair play to the Hancocks and their swinging chums, but if not, such a display of dishonesty and lack of integrity is suitable justification to remove someone from public office, IMO.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

If he's also got the consent of his wife, fair play to the Hancocks and their swinging chums, but if not, such a display of dishonesty and lack of integrity is suitable justification to remove someone from public office, IMO.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on that.

• Like 1

If he’s shagging someone who works for him, on company time, is that not grounds for sacking? Also the fact that such an activity was actually illegal at the alleged time should also be a factor.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

If he’s shagging someone who works for him, on company time, is that not grounds for sacking?

I haven't read the story, but the photo is of him kissing her, not him shagging her. I think there's a pretty clear distinction; if you were a manager, and two of your employees were kissing at work, you might tell them to knock it off or have a quiet word, but you'd probably take it a lot more seriously if they were actually having sex at work.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Also the fact that such an activity was actually illegal at the alleged time should also be a factor.

That's fair, and if the date of the picture is correct - I'm hardly keen to take the Sun's word on this - then it would be a problem. I guess I would conceptualise that as incompetence ('couldn't follow the rules he was setting and asking to be enforced') which I'm okay with punishing, rather than infidelity.

• Like 1

Confirmed he was breaking social distancing rules and it was within the department for health building.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has admitted breaking social distancing rules after pictures of him kissing an aide were published in a newspaper.

He said he had "let people down" after photos emerged of him with Gina Coladangelo - whom he appointed - and was "very sorry".

Labour urged the PM to sack Mr Hancock, calling his position "untenable".

But the health secretary said he would stay "focused" on dealing with the pandemic.

The Sun said its pictures of Mr Hancock and Ms Coladangelo, both of whom are married, had been taken inside the Department of Health in early May.

Link

Â