The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Lawyers will be licking their lips at today’s developments.

”Have you lost a loved one to Covid 19? Give us a call as we’ve got cast iron evidence from the most senior government advisor that they didn’t know what they were doing, **** it all up and could have saved their life”

Cummings said that Hancock should have been sacked for lying.  

Are there enough glaziers to repair all those damaged windows in the Barnard's Castle Glasshouse?

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks
  • Like 1

And this is why nothing will come of Cummings statements yesterday

📊 According to a YouGov snap poll, 75% of UK adults have little or no trust in Dominic Cummings to tell the truth, while 14% do. 

From the yougov survey they sent me.

Scum. Lying, calculating scum.

There was a time in which lying to the commons as a minister was a sackable offence, but these bastards do what they want. They lie, we know they lie. They know that we know that they lie, and they're brazen enough to continue doing it.

Edited by Davkaus

Whenever the Tories achieve a large majority in the Commons, they invariably feel less inclined to adhere to even a fascade of decency.  We get to see them unleashed, the real face of the Tories. It’s invariably cruel, and totally indifferent to the norms of a caring society. Under a thin veneer, they really are quite evil.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 4

Dim Dorries finally deleted her Twitter account :D

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2021/05/28/nadine-dorries-9-glorious-self-owns/

Sad news today that Tory MP Nadine Dorries has deleted her Twitter account after her latest unfortunate self-own.

The only surprise, surely, is that she didn’t ditch it sooner.

But if you’re missing the health minister already – who isn’t? – then enjoy these 9 magnificent self-owns recorded for posterity.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Scum. Lying, calculating scum.

There was a time in which lying to the commons as a minister was a sackable offence, but these bastards do what they want. They lie, we know they lie. They know that we know that they lie, and they're brazen enough to continue doing it.

Is this in the same session where he was defending Cumming's claims about him lying?  🤣  He just can't help himself can he. 

33,842 people actually ticked a box with his name on!  Morons.

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Oh, so Boris is cleared of wrongdoing regarding his flat refurbishments because he "didn't know who paid for it."

Well, that's ok then, I mean, who ever knows how their building projects get paid?

I haven’t read the details of it but I’m gonna guess it also “didn’t break any rules”. Bit like Cameron and his begging for public money to his new employer who are paying him a fortune for him to beg current MP’s for money.

”didn’t break any rules”, I hate that phrase when it comes to corrupt politicians.

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I did think it odd that ‘ignorance’ is a defence that can be used in parliament.

Imagine mere mortals trying to use ignorance as a defence. How did you finance your house move, holiday and takeaway bills? No idea, I guess some other bloke might have paid for it and then later on I probably paid him back maybe? I didn’t know I had to know how my lifestyle is financed.

Oh ok, fair enough then.

I take the point you're making, and I dislike Johnson, but...

There's a difference, a big one, between breaking the law - committing a crime - and failing to adhere to an organisation or body's rules around declaring something.

It would be OK for you as a mere mortal, to have your house (or one you were renting or using), with permission from the owner using funds provided by a donor for that purpose.

That doesn't take away from the scummy, untrustworthy, "rules don't apply to me, they 're for the little people" nature of the scrote Johnson.

I agree with you wholeheatedly about patronising claps while being unable to afford a proper payrise, but the free parking was never intended to be permanent was it?

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I take the point you're making, and I dislike Johnson, but...

There's a difference, a big one, between breaking the law - committing a crime - and failing to adhere to an organisation or body's rules around declaring something.

It would be OK for you as a mere mortal, to have your house (or one you were renting or using), with permission from the owner using funds provided by a donor for that purpose.

That doesn't take away from the scummy, untrustworthy, "rules don't apply to me, they 're for the little people" nature of the scrote Johnson.

The tax now know Johnson has lots of freebies and can’t quite pin down why or from whom. People just like giving him money he doesn’t record for no reason.

Doubtless they’ll pursue that with vigour.

When I put my expenses in the bank too often, I get notification they have to investigate and potentially report unusual transactions, and having a couple of hundred quid a couple of times a month counts as unusual activity.

He’s going to be a busy boy if the bank and the tax man treat him the same as they would treat you or me.

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I agree with you wholeheatedly about patronising claps while being unable to afford a proper payrise, but the free parking was never intended to be permanent was it?

No I don't think it was but you'd think after what many of them have been through over the last 16 months it would have been nice to have made it permanent. I know hoping Tories do something nice is fantasy land though. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

The tax now know Johnson has lots of freebies and can’t quite pin down why or from whom. People just like giving him money he doesn’t record for no reason.

Doubtless they’ll pursue that with vigour.

When I put my expenses in the bank too often, I get notification they have to investigate and potentially report unusual transactions, and having a couple of hundred quid a couple of times a month counts as unusual activity.

He’s going to be a busy boy if the bank and the tax man treat him the same as they would treat you or me.

It’s not his flat. He’s not the beneficiary. A private individual paid whatever sum it was to decorate a state owned flat, and then Johnson had to cough up the cash because the rules say the occupant has to pay anything above an annual cost of 30 grand for upkeep of the place.

Â