The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Tory MP April 2020: Footballers need to play their part

Tory MP October 2020: Footballers need to stop virtue signalling

It would be funny, if they weren’t filling their pockets with our money whilst drinking subsidised booze after 10:00pm in their private bar.

• Like 1

A very good friend of mine's cousin is the MP for a well-known midlands seat.

He's falling out with a lot of friends trying to defend her actions - voting against Free School Meal's etc...naturally I stirred the pot by noting that she'd also voted against the Grenfell inquiry recommendations...pretty disgusting.

His argument is that as a brand new MP, she has to "follow the whip" despite what she really thinks (and presumedly expresses in private?). Does that make it any less disgusting? I think it makes it worse as being coerced into doing voting against your own opinions and conscience shows a massive lack of personal and professional character.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

A very good friend of mine's cousin is the MP for a well-known midlands seat.

He's falling out with a lot of friends trying to defend her actions - voting against Free School Meal's etc...naturally I stirred the pot by noting that she'd also voted against the Grenfell inquiry recommendations...pretty disgusting.

His argument is that as a brand new MP, she has to "follow the whip" despite what she really thinks (and presumedly expresses in private?). Does that make it any less disgusting? I think it makes it worse as being coerced into doing voting against your own opinions and conscience shows a massive lack of personal and professional character.

Well she didn't become a Tory MP by accident. It's not something you win in a raffle. Whoever she is, she's an absolute danger who thoroughly believes in this stuff.

• Like 1

i ended up on they work for you seeing how Garnier voted (wyre forest)

unsurprisingly he voted against it, ive seen a fair bit of it before but his voting record is absolute madness, id be surprised if a quarter of his constituents had a clue what he's up to (or more worryingly even care)

this seems to be the cherry on the top of a huge shit sundae though, people are starting to see through them, im not sure they could handle 2020 any worse

there just needs to be a real alternative, in the last election labour put forward a token journeyman candidate who lost his 4th election in a 4th different constituency (who didn't even live in wyre forest which for me is a big no no) 

Conservatives are something the majority of people in this country aspire to.

They see them as middle-class people, living middle class lives, with middle class things and aspire to it. 

We'd all love a big detatched house in the Cotswolds, driving round in a Land Rover with your Ray Bans, going on holiday abroad a few times a year. 

It's the illusion of success, the feeling of superiority we feel over others less educated, less well dressed, less "chic" as ourselves.

We love it.  It's not gonna change. 

• Like 2

Â