The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

It's propped up by reason bypassing emotive nonsense distributed by tax exiles and enemies of the state. Both the same thing really.

Look at Stoke FFS, you think they care if Birmingham goes the same way?

Shit food, shit homes, shit schools, stacks of cash for the shell company in Bermuda.

In the least surprising news ever, it seems Jennifer Arcuri hs 'admitted' having an affair with Johnson (I was not actually aware there was any doubt about this, but there we go). The relevant story is of course the corruption, not the affair:

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

In the least surprising news ever, it seems Jennifer Arcuri hs 'admitted' having an affair with Johnson (I was not actually aware there was any doubt about this, but there we go). The relevant story is of course the corruption, not the affair:

There was a time this would be seen as a huge scandal and headline news potentially leading to having to stand down but now most people hardly bat an eyelid.

The Tories have moved the goal posts over the last handful of years and the standards expected from those who represent us, those who are supposed to lead by example, are nowhere near what they were. Any accusation or even criticism is met with oh look who is making the accusation and questioning the motive behind it and what is being said and any facts are almost ignored. 

I don't see a way out from that either. Not whilst these corrupt bastards continue to lead us as they thrive on division and the country has been as divided as it has ever been for a number of years now with no sign of that changing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

There was a time this would be seen as a huge scandal and headline news potentially leading to having to stand down but now most people hardly bat an eyelid.

The Tories have moved the goal posts over the last handful of years and the standards expected from those who represent us, those who are supposed to lead by example, are nowhere near what they were. Any accusation or even criticism is met with oh look who is making the accusation and questioning the motive behind it and what is being said and any facts are almost ignored. 

I don't see a way out from that either. Not whilst these corrupt bastards continue to lead us as they thrive on division and the country has been as divided as it has ever been for a number of years now with no sign of that changing.

This is almost verbatim what I said to the missus about an hour ago. It's like with Trump in the US - any one of his misdemeanours would once have been enough to bring down his administration, but now there are dozens of them, each worse than the one before - and everybody just shrugs. 

• Like 2

Did anyone see 'Have I Got News For You'. Hislop did the retraining suggestions.

It's at 9 minutes if the timecode doesn't work?

It's all worth a watch, if 'A Week In Tory' is too excrutiating?

50 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Off topic but I wonder whether it’s a sign of me getting older that when I do watch “Have I got news for you”, it’s Hislop I’m waiting to hear from rather Merton. 

Twenty years ago it was the other way round.

20 years ago is probably the last time Paul Merton was funny. He should have been put out to pasture a long time ago for someone who doesn't look like he's inconvenienced being ion the show IMO.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

20 years ago is probably the last time Paul Merton was funny. He should have been put out to pasture a long time ago for someone who doesn't look like he's inconvenienced being ion the show IMO.

Yeah after I posted I thought that maybe it’s not me that’s changed, it’s Paul Merton. For a while in the mid/late 90’s to the early 00’s I genuinely thought he was the funniest person on telly. As you say, these days he does often look like he’d rather not be there.

Anyway, I appreciate Ian Hislop a lot more these days.

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The whole show should have been put out to pasture nearly 20 years ago. It's now been an embarrassment for significantly longer than it was funny.

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The whole show should have been put out to pasture nearly 20 years ago. It's now been an embarrassment for significantly longer than it was funny.

Steady.

If they don't find the right wing comedians they were looking for, there could be the horrendous scenario of wall to wall WWII comedies?

Â