The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, ml1dch said:

Given your long-standing criticisms, he getting any closer to winning you round?

RIght now, I think he's doing a decent job to be honest but I have no allusions (Copyright: SWP) that he's anything other than a party machine who will change direction whenever he's supposed to

I do think he's more comfortable in his own skin under Starmer than Corbyn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's a proper weird looking word removed, isn't he?

I have glasses similar to him.

I reckon if I put my face into an industrial strength vacuum cleaner and then somehow photshopped out the vacuum, that's what I'd look like

• Like 1

There are two big ways in which the country would be better off with Marcus Rashford in government instead of in the England team.

I wouldn't be too optimistic, but number 10 has insisted it won't happen, so I expect a commitment to it by the end of the week.

Poorer pupils will not receive free meals during school holidays, No 10 insists – putting Boris Johnson on a fresh collision course with footballer Marcus Rashford.

The Manchester United star has launched a fresh campaign to help hungry children, calling for vouchers for October’s half-term break and at Christmas.

In July, Rashford forced the prime minister into a humiliating U-turn, which delivered the free meals throughout the long summer holidays.

But the prime minister’s spokesperson insisted it would not be repeated – despite the spread of tougher restrictions across England, as coronavirus infections surge – insisting: “We are in a different position now.”

The England striker stepped up his campaign by launching a Commons petition, saying: “Whatever your feeling, opinion or judgement, food poverty is never the child’s fault.

“In 2020, no child in the UK should be going to bed hungry, nor should they be sat in classrooms concerned about how their younger siblings are going to eat that day, or how they are going to access food come the holidays.”

Last month, the 22-year-old was awarded an MBE for his efforts in tackling child poverty – increasing his public status further.

The petition is also calling for free school meals to be extended to any household which receives benefits – to help a further 1.5million under-16s, during term-time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xann said:

She'd have gone mental at this shitshow, really really.

She’d have been touching herself over the misery caused but really angry at how inefficient and disorganised the whole thing is.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve spent pretty much all my adult life knowing for a fact that Thatcher was the worst PM ever.

This sack of privileged shit and hair has had the job 5 minutes and challenges that bedrock knowledge.

Who was the best, with hindsight? Going John Major. No tripping up. 

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Who was the best, with hindsight? Going John Major. No tripping up. 

It’s a tricky one isn’t it. Almost a process of elimination by being less crap than the other guys, I might go for Wilson in his first stint. Kept us out of Vietnam.

• Like 2

No one on here even wastes their breath trying to defend them anymore do they? I got friends, I use the term loosely, on FB who try to ease their own conscience by saying they feel sorry for Johnson, he is dong his best, covid is not his fault etc.

It should never have come to this and Johnson is only doing/being what many of us knew he would do/be but still millions voted for it. Labour have a lot to answer for in this as well as any decent opposition should have got their act together well enough after five years of Cameron and Osborne. Then after 2 years of May but to fail after another 2 and half years of May/Johnson arguably makes them the most incompetent opposition we have ever had. 

• Like 1

The system is broken, utterly broken.

The abuses of power are way beyond conspiratorial and are blatant, seemingly daily now.

Talk of government and oppositions, they’re all one and the same, part of a system which has grown beyond measure, control and effective regulation.

I don’t know what the answer is, but it’s not what we have currently.

Its not a bunch of bickering Eton schooled morons whose single purpose in life is self gratification playing around with the fates and direction of 65 million people, it’s not peerages and dodgy single bidder tender processes, it’s not doing whatever the F they want whilst preaching to us what we shouldn’t be doing.

• Like 1

Â