The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

It's not that **** secret, is it? Even if "sources" hadn't told us, it's hard to hide the PM stepping out of a jet. 

As the article states, Blair wanted our equivalent of Air Force One. Johnson is settling for a bit of a respray. It's not exactly an outrageous extravagance is it? I think our PM arriving in a vehicle that looks the part is fairly reasonable tbh. We could save money by not doing it. We could also save money by government cars being Peugeot 107s. 

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think our PM arriving in a vehicle that looks the part is fairly reasonable tbh. 

Sure. But what is being described suggests the part in question is "shit Austin Powers".

Just now, ml1dch said:

Sure. But what is being described suggests the part in question is "shit Austin Powers".

Gauche is Johnson's look isn't it? :) 

I'm not arguing it's going to look great, I just don't think having a prime ministerial plane distinct from the standard RAF stock is a scandal. 

I just read the article and it seems it wont have a massive union jack splashed all over it.

I have no issue with the government having a jet. I don't have an issue with it being painted, but I also think a repurposed military jet is completely appropriate.

Maybe it's only me that has a massive problem with 'flag culture' becoming a bigger part of our society.

I just thought it was a laughably ridiculous image of a man who alienated half of the world through comments on race, sexuality and religion flying around inside a massive flag that is a historical symbol of oppression to the countries he'll be flying to trying to secure trade deals. It's hardly surprising from the man. 

Edited by Sam-AVFC

7 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I just thought it was a laughably ridiculous image that a man who alienated half of the world through comments on race, sexuality and religion flying around inside a massive flag that is a historical symbol of oppression to the countries he'll be flying to trying to secure trade deals.

I wonder whether someone will write a newspaper column referring to him as the big white chief touching down in his red, white and blue British taxpayer-funded bird.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Whilst you're talking about a plane's livery, what have they done that you haven't noticed?

Yup. Another reason it annoys me. Now everyone debates flags and a relatively minor cost for the next week. 

Probably only costs about the same as one school sized missile.

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I wonder whether someone will write a newspaper column referring to him as the big white chief touching down in his red, white and blue British taxpayer-funded bird.

Not to be a bitch, but I was 11 at the time so had to Google that one.

1 minute ago, Monkspath-Villan said:

Apologies. But could someone direct me to the anti left wing thread? Thanks in anticipation

This isn't an anti-right wing thread. It's a thread about the Tory Party. There is a similar one about the Labour Party, The Liberals, Farage and his chiums and even that bellend Steven Yaxley-Lennon. 

There are opinions pro and anti in each topic.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Monkspath-Villan said:

Apologies. But could someone direct me to the anti left wing thread? Thanks in anticipation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â