The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Ah, the Murdoch script.

'Plop' the nouveau Libs fell into the trap.

I think I'm the last person to fall for "the Murdoch Script". Labour made themselves totally unelectable to huge swathes of the population. As it happens I held my nose and ended up voting Labour in the hope of a hung parliament and there were many more like me, unless Labour dramatically changes its ways, they'll do even worse next time around.

It also wasn't the "nouveau Libs" that caused Labour's poor showing, if anything they held the vote up but are unlikely to next time

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bickster said:

unless Labour dramatically changes its ways, they'll do even worse next time around

They will, I agree. To get elected any party has to look credible as the next Government, and Labour isn't and wasn't. And that wasn't because a testicle-headed Aussie told his papers to write nasty things about Catweazle. I mean the tories were and are an utter shambles too, but until or unless a credible alternative comes along, they stay the Government.

It's all very well saying "we won the argument" - no, they didn't. They lost it. Look in Parliament and the result is there for all to see. On top of that they were a disorganised, in-fighting, divided pro-cultist/anti-cultist, mess with a non-credible leader and a non-credible overall manifesto and a ludicrous Brexit position, promising to negotiate a deal to leave, which made retainers consider them to be a "leave party" and then a promise of yet another referendum, which made Leavers think they were a remain party...while every time anyone challenged Saint Jez on some aspect of his party he just got all pissy.

They're currently filling loads of key positions with yet more Corbyn type numpties and still under the strong influence of another numpty in Len McLuskey. I mean WTAF?

Change or die. Change or see another 10 years plus of the baby eaters, while claiming moral superiority and telling everyone who points out that they'd actually rather the party was electable than on some self proclaimed moral high ground to Jeff off and join the tories.

• Like 3

Labour's slim chance became no chance when the BBC started sanitising the fat prick's gaffes.

This country's fecked.

The money's in taking it apart.

Coincidentally where Brexit's backers are at.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

You wouldn't have allowed Huawei have the contract then?

Hahahahahahaha - No way, but it doesn't matter now, we're fecked anyway. 

Our clowns are just lining their own pockets and hoping to make their own Singapore, but with direct links to the UK's dependent tax havens.

Financial deregulation here we come.

They won't really need the rest of the country mind.

Disabled man starved to death after DWP stopped his benefits

MPs call for inquiry into case of Errol Graham, 57, who weighed 28.5kg when he was found dead

MPs and campaigners have called for an independent inquiry after it emerged a disabled man with a long history of mental illness starved to death just months after welfare officials stopped his out-of-work and housing benefits.

Errol Graham, a 57-year-old grandfather, and in his younger days a keen amateur footballer, weighed just four and a half stone (28.5kg) when his emaciated body was discovered by bailiffs who had broken down his front door to evict him for non-payment of rent.

A coroner’s report into the tragedy found that Graham, who suffered from severe social anxiety and had cut himself off from family and friends, had died of starvation. When he was found, his Nottingham flat had no gas or electricity supply. There was no food in the property apart from two tins of fish that were four years out of date.

Grauniad

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Anyone else seen the Brexit Tea Towel?

I mean, until now I kind of thought it was the worst period in recent history for this country but then they go and bring this out, what a time to be alive.

If you order one ...will it be delivered on time

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, blandy said:

It's all very well saying "we won the argument" - no, they didn't. They lost it. Look in Parliament and the result is there for all to see. On top of that they were a disorganised, in-fighting, divided pro-cultist/anti-cultist, mess with a non-credible leader and a non-credible overall manifesto and a ludicrous Brexit position, promising to negotiate a deal to leave, which made retainers consider them to be a "leave party" and then a promise of yet another referendum, which made Leavers think they were a remain party...while every time anyone challenged Saint Jez on some aspect of his party he just got all pissy.

They're currently filling loads of key positions with yet more Corbyn type numpties and still under the strong influence of another numpty in Len McLuskey. I mean WTAF?

Change or die. Change or see another 10 years plus of the baby eaters, while claiming moral superiority and telling everyone who points out that they'd actually rather the party was electable than on some self proclaimed moral high ground to Jeff off and join the tories.

Anyone citing out "no credible alternative" is a part of the problem.  A utter shambles of a Labour government wouldn't hand out the harshness to the nation that the Conservatives will.

But, hey, loads voted for the blue so loads will suffer.  Excellent stuff.

Edit:  I should add, "part of the problem" if you actually consider well being for all humans as a good thing.  If not, then I guess one would have just voted as their beliefs sit.

Edited by bobzy

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Anyone else seen the Brexit Tea Towel?

I mean, until now I kind of thought it was the worst period in recent history for this country but then they go and bring this out, what a time to be alive.

What the actual **** 😢 

Â