The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Like some gremlin... Christ she has a high opinion of herself

I can't believe she's only mid 30's now. Tough paper round. 

• Like 2

How's that going to work then? "papers please" when you present for treatment? 

I can't think why they've chosen not to mention "uk citizens to no longer get subsidised healthcare when abroad in eea countries". 

Don't worry about losing out, as long as foreigners are as well. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

So the plan is to make immigrants pay twice? EU citizens pay more in than they take out.

I hate the Tories man

It does seem pretty shit but I am all for making  migration fairer for people outside the EU which the article suggests the Tories are trying to do.  

Not sure how these charges would actually do that though.  What’s the answer? Also stop the charges for non-eu migrants?

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Also stop the charges for non-eu migrants?

Yes. This is not only for the benefit of immigrants, but for the benefit of UK citizens. My wife is about to renew her spousal visa, and the whole process - including the NHS surcharge, which the Tories are raising again - looks set to cost me another few thousand pounds. Just to be able to live in the country I was born in with the woman I married.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It does seem pretty shit but I am all for making  migration fairer for people outside the EU which the article suggests the Tories are trying to do.  

Define fairer? What do you see as currently unfair? I'm genuinely curious as I'm not that aware of the issues on non EU immigration

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Yes. This is not only for the benefit of immigrants, but for the benefit of UK citizens. My wife is about to renew her spousal visa, and the whole process - including the NHS surcharge, which the Tories are raising again - looks set to cost me another few thousand pounds. Just to be able to live in the country I was born in with the woman I married.

You did a British Baby machine out of a marriage

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I am all for making  migration fairer for people outside the EU which the article suggests the Tories are trying to do.  

Jesus Christ. 

Stick all that "selling bridges" stuff back here.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Define fairer? What do you see as currently unfair? I'm genuinely curious as I'm not that aware of the issues on non EU immigration

I find it unfair that a person from an EU country, let’s say Romania as an example can work here but a person from let’s say India can’t. 

I know thats just how it is and we can hardly open the border to the world. But still doesn’t seem fair.

By the way these are not my passionate views  so please don’t all slaughter me. Just a general chat yeah?

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I find it unfair that a person from an EU country, let’s say Romania as an example can work here but a person from let’s say India can’t. 

I know thats just how it is and we can hardly open the border to the world. But still doesn’t seem fair.

You've gone on about this before but the point is that these things are reciprocal and not one way.

The 'fairness' is that people from other EU countries can come and live and work in the UK and UK citizens can go and live and work in other EU countries.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

By the way these are not my passionate views  so please don’t all slaughter me. Just a general chat yeah?

I'm not sure why that is unfair. We're a member of a trading bloc and one of the conditions of the trading bloc is free movement of Labour. But doesn't mean your example of a Romanian is legally allowed to stay here, They only have three months to find work or we can ask (and force) them to leave but guess what... we chose not to

Plenty of people from India are allowed to settle here, especially the ones with skills we need or family here

I'm not sure where the fairness comes in

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I did say the article suggests they are trying to make things fairer. Doesn’t for a second mean I think they will do actually do that.

The only fair way of course is the Corbyn idea... let anyone in :wacko:

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure why that is unfair. We're a member of a trading bloc and one of the conditions of the trading bloc is free movement of Labour. But doesn't mean your example of a Romanian is legally allowed to stay here, They only have three months to find work or we can ask (and force) them to leave but guess what... we chose not to

Plenty of people from India are allowed to settle here, especially the ones with skills we need or family here

I'm not sure where the fairness comes in

Fair points.

A few friends of mine have had to return to India though after their 1 year visa has expired. Very skilled programmers too.  Apparently there are proposals to increase this to 5 years after we have left the EU. Again no reason why they couldn’t do that why we are in the EU so it’s not a ‘I want to leave post’. I’m just mentioning what they told me. 

As for the bold part I didn’t know this. I don’t think many people do and it’s something the remain campaign should have massively highlighted as part of their campaign.

37 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You've gone on about this before but the point is that these things are reciprocal and not one way.

The 'fairness' is that people from other EU countries can come and live and work in the UK and UK citizens can go and live and work in other EU countries.

Fair enough, EU freedom of movement is fair to all EU citizens. I get that. But I don’t  think our government policies are fair to non EU citizens.  I’m probably wrong about that and I’m sure you’ll correct me.

Â