The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

37 minutes ago, blandy said:

About 2 years, truth be told. All my (IMO) best jokes mostly go un-noticed, (except by the intellectuals like @peterms) so I lowered the bar.

You lowered it so far even Fabian Delph wouldn’t be able to serpentine under it  

19 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Tories either not understanding a basic concept or being deceptive and disingenuous exhibit #82720323

Amazing.

We do have an opportunity to choose.

Liverpool are 100% free to choose whether to play Fabinho or Henderson. 

I just love how conservatives create this anti immigration feel to their policy. Do you know what might be a good policy?

Creating a country so good to live in that every man and their dog wants to move here.

It's a shame they haven't caught on to that idea yet.

If, years after Grenfell, people die in a fire in a clad multi storey block, that surely would be the government complicit in manslaughter?

Too busy playing politics to work out what flammable means.

Bolton, last night.

_109711253_1c8c96db-2c1c-4c90-8278-b8269

PM’s claims on knife crime, immigration and indyref2 rejected as false

Some of the claims made by Boris Johnson in his BBC interviews have already been picked apart.

The PM said the proportion of EU and non-EU net immigration is 50-50. But actually, ONS figures show that EU citizens have only made up around 20 per cent of the total proportion.

He claimed that as London mayor he took 11,000 knives “off the street” through the stop and search policy. But as Labour party have pointed out, only 4,500 knives were recovered through stop and search.

He also said the murder rate fell below 100 for “several years” while he was at City Hall – a claim he’s made before that’s already proved to be incorrect.

The PM says Jeremy Corbyn would have a Scottish referendum “next year”, but Corbyn says he would “not countenance an independence referendum in the early years of a Labour government”.

He also tried to avoid responsibility for the failed “Garden Bridge” project – launched under his watch at City Hall.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-live-general-election-brexit-party-labour-polls-candidates-a9203921.html?utm_source=reddit.com

I'm stunned that our PM continues to be full of shit. I thought getting numbers wrong was a massive deal?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-live-general-election-brexit-party-labour-polls-candidates-a9203921.html?utm_source=reddit.com

I'm stunned that our PM continues to be full of shit. I thought getting numbers wrong was a massive deal?

It is if you're an overweight black woman representing a left wing party.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Like some gremlin... Christ she has a high opinion of herself

I took her to mean some kind of creature that causes accidents, but I note this passage:

While Roald Dahl was famous for making gremlins known worldwide, many returning Air Servicemen swear they saw creatures tinkering with their equipment

which perhaps is the clearest descrition yet of the intimate details of their relationship.

• Haha 4

Â