Jump to content
blandy

The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

Recommended Posts

Maybe we should find out how just how clever and brave Rees Mogg is. Let's put him on the 24th floor of a tower block, wrapped in flammable cladding, and light a fire on the 4th floor at 2am, allow it to build for a bit so smoke is wallowing up the stair well and flames are engulfing the building, throw a few obstacles on the stairs to say replicate fallen people and see if the arrogant, smug bastard can get out. I'll happily go in and light the match.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

 

 

Momentum have actually done him a favour in the editing of that clip, because what he goes on to say in the very next sentence which has been cut off here, 'what he's actually saying is, he would have made a better decision than the authority figures giving that advice'.

I can't believe we've got such a firefighting prodigy wasting his talent in the Commons. If he's so **** good at fighting fires, why didn't he get in his **** limo and get over to the fire on the night then?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Maybe we should find out how just how clever and brave Rees Mogg is. Let's put him on the 24th floor of a tower block, wrapped in flammable cladding, and light a fire on the 4th floor at 2am, allow it to build for a bit so smoke is wallowing up the stair well and flames are engulfing the building, throw a few obstacles on the stairs to say replicate fallen people and see if the arrogant, smug bastard can get out. I'll happily go in and light the match.

I can see it now hosted by PJ and Duncan, I’m an arsehole let my butler get me out of here

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fire Fighter guidance is also guidance from the Government IIRC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, JB said:

😂

He said this back in 2017 , a bit of context is he was saying it in regards to johnson and Gove asking   ‘What is one of the core problems of the Tory Party brand going back decades?’

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He said this back in 2017 , a bit of context is he was saying it in regards to johnson and Gove asking   ‘What is one of the core problems of the Tory Party brand going back decades?’

 

“By the way I think most people are right...”

“I know a lot of Tory MPs and ... the public is basically correct.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

He said this back in 2017 , a bit of context is he was saying it in regards to johnson and Gove asking   ‘What is one of the core problems of the Tory Party brand going back decades?’

 

His inclusion of the word "brand" is intended to suggest it's an issue of perception, of marketing.

Leaving out that word gives a far more accurate statement of the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

We've had enough of experts and facts.

We're leaving europe based on a hunch, you can't expect posh politicians to listen to the fire brigade in a smoke filled single stair building with the lights not working and fire fighters carrying kit and equipment upward, trying to use the stairs in the opposite direction to people carrying children and helping granny down the stairs one step at a time from the 24th floor coming downward, all falling over each other.

This wasn't a fire alarm drill and make your way calmly down the wide, well light stair and then bugger off early for lunch. It was 24 storeys, 2:00am, no means of communication, no knowledge of occupancy, no intercom, one narrow stair, the landlord has covered the outside of the building in toxic flammable gel.

This is all a distraction. Who allowed toxic flammable materials to be used to encase 24 storey human dwellings, and why? Has this been stopped? Have all similar buildings been fixed?

Everything else is chatter.

 

Alarmingly it's the tenants who are being forced to foot the bill in many circumstances, which is a total disgrace.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Hahahahaha

Sky doing the Lord's work

More of this sort of thing.

 

p.s. isn't she supposed to be a raving biased tory according to the angry #JC4PM tramps?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly struggle to believe James Cleverley encompasses our best and brightest.

James Misnomer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, blandy said:

More of this sort of thing.

 

p.s. isn't she supposed to be a raving biased tory according to the angry #JC4PM tramps?

I think I'd rather vote for the empty chair than Lord De Feffel

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Alarmingly it's the tenants who are being forced to foot the bill in many circumstances, which is a total disgrace.

I know first hand of a fire in a flat block since Grenfell that didn’t make the news beyond a brief mention because nobody died. Surprise surprise, residents had been complaining for years about the possibility of the wooden balconies and cladding turning the building into a torch.

That nothing was done immediately after Grenfell to protect the building and residents is insanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May: Awful campaign 2017, well it can't get worse.

Johnson: Hold my beer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes the Conservatives don't get enough credit for their contribution to economic growth.

Here's an example of how one part of the service sector has exploded under their leadership.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â