Jump to content
blandy

The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

the VT approved expert  appears to be unaware that the Norwegians have  already built bridges over much deeper water using floating bridges , their next project is the coastal highway route taking bridge and tunnel building to whole new levels ...

I’d question the £15bn cost but as someone whose been on a railway at 4000m above sea level that was also impossible , I’d be fairly sure it can be done 

 

Did you read the experts view by an offshore engineer a few posts before yours? Or are you the acceptable face of a VT approved expert?

I'm also pretty amazed they reckon they could get such a huge project completed by November 1st as I'm pretty sure they've promised no problems on the border at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Yeah why not apart from the practical "Challenges",  what the UK needs right now is another border crossing that will never present a problem in the future if Scotland wants to leave the UK.

The bridge is a no go i feel,  just tell Boris to fill the gap in with concrete and dreams.

Just stick a hinge in the middle and if Scotland ever leaves it can pivot round to the Isle of Man, then we just build another one form there to Blackpool. Easy peasy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:
1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Yeah why not apart from the practical "Challenges",  what the UK needs right now is another border crossing that will never present a problem in the future if Scotland wants to leave the UK.

The bridge is a no go i feel,  just tell Boris to fill the gap in with concrete and dreams.

Just stick a hinge in the middle and if Scotland ever leaves it can pivot round to the Isle of Man, then we just build another one form there to Blackpool. Easy peasy.

I am confident 1 of our ideas will be government policy.  If you think like Boris,  this stuff is really easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Visiting Oop Norf is going really well for him, this time in Brexity Doncaster

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, just heard the applause he got for his speach at that Rotherham meeting... muted really doesn't cover it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I love the argument 'well, you wanted infrastructure, didn't you', as if nobody might ever have wanted to select projects with an actual return on investment. 

We know what we voted for!  Just get on with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've been waiting for Cameron to crawl out from under his rock with a mealy-mouthed apology and a book to sell. And, right on cue... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well, I've been waiting for Cameron to crawl out from under his rock with a mealy-mouthed apology and a book to sell. And, right on cue... 

Pre-sales are apparently very bad, hence him being dragged out from under his rock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bickster said:

Pre-sales are apparently very bad, hence him being dragged out from under his rock

It'd sell itself if he had written a pig's head chapter. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Sam Gymiah joining the LibDems after having the whip removed the other week

Was out with a group of people tonight, including a numbe who were friends of friends. One of them was talking about how the Lib Dems are getting the best of the Tories.

Couldn't understand why I was confused.

(I don't know if this makes sense, I'm a little tipsy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Was out with a group of people tonight, including a numbe who were friends of friends. One of them was talking about how the Lib Dems are getting the best of the Tories.

Couldn't understand why I was confused.

(I don't know if this makes sense, I'm a little tipsy)

The “best” turd, is still a turd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tories possibly breaching GDPR with latest Brexit Advert

Quote

The Conservatives are at risk of breaking data laws by gathering information about pro-Brexit voters through an online campaign, it has emerged.

A Tory party webpage calling on voters to “Back Brexit” is cause for concern, according to legal advice from a leading data protection lawyer.

The page states: “MPs can’t pick and choose which votes to respect. But some are. Don’t let them get away with it.” Users are then invited to enter their name, email address and postcode.

The page suggests the data may be used to build profiles of individuals to target online advertising at them.

More on Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'MPs can't pick and choose which votes to respect'.

Do you think they realise the irony, or are they too tunnel-visioned at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

'MPs can't pick and choose which votes to respect'.

Do you think they realise the irony, or are they too tunnel-visioned at this point?

I think they realise and they don't care

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bickster said:

...they don't care

Sums up our current government pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, it was an accident, what did she sell, a squadron of flying pigs?

 

Its an accident when MP's break the law.

Like when they accidentally claim money they've not spent on expenses.

For everyone else its theft or fraud.

...waits to hear about how Boris accidentally mislead the Queen.

Edited by Genie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â