The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

its still a  lot more realistic than Corbyn being assassinated 

A backbench Labour MP was assassinated 3 years ago.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Just now, tonyh29 said:

it would appear so , seems a few posters thought it was serious :unsure:

Just out of pure curiousity.

Are you planning to vote Tory/Boris at the next election? (I know you won't actually be voting Boris, but the Tory party really is the party of Boris now) 

Interested because you're one of the few "leavers" willing to put your head about the parapet on VT, so it's always interesting to get your perspective.

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

it would appear so , seems a few posters thought it was serious :unsure:

To be fair, some of the stuff you see on the internet isn't too far from what you wrote, and those sincerely believe it :crylaugh:

As @desensitized43 says, I am also always interested in your perspective. It makes for interesting debate rather than simply being sat in an echo chamber. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

To be fair, some of the stuff you see on the internet isn't too far from what you wrote, and those sincerely believe it :crylaugh:

As @desensitized43 says, I am also always interested in your perspective. It makes for interesting debate rather than simply being sat in an echo chamber. 

Don't get me wrong. I'd like to hear an opposing view rather than be stuck in an echo chamber.

But most of the time, I feel like it's insincere, played for laughs or just disingenuous. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

A backbench Labour MP was assassinated 3 years ago.

Indeed. Corbyn himself has also been the target of at least one would-be killer (the guy who drove his van into the worshippers outside Finsbury Park mosque). 

Probably also worth noting this charming effort when considering the general atmosphere of incipient right-wing violence:

Further assassinations of left-wing political figures sadly don't seem unlikely to me at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

There'll be serious questions asked if another politician get's killed by a right wing thug.

There probably won't. There will be a bit of hand-wringing like last time and they'll just carry on whipping up hatred again a few days later.

• Like 3

Just now, desensitized43 said:

Just out of pure curiousity.

Are you planning to vote Tory/Boris at the next election? (I know you won't actually be voting Boris, but the Tory party really is the party of Boris now) 

Interested because you're one of the few "leavers" willing to put your head about the parapet on VT, so it's always interesting to get your perspective.

tricky one tbh ... Local policy at the moment is to build about 80,000 houses on green belt land in the area /surrounding areas and a 6 lane super dual carriageway straight through the village i live in ....  that's a Tory council pushing from funds form the government to do this ( seems like there are pots of money for regeneration projects that councils apply \ fight for ? )

so  local issues might come before Brexit , they did in the recent council elections where we voted in 3 independents who are opposed to the deal ... I'd have to see who stands and on what policy , yes I'm, a leaver but I'm not an at all costs one

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

There probably won't. There will be a bit of hand-wringing like last time and they'll just carry on whipping up hatred again a few days later.

Yep.

Still baffles me how little was made, and continues to be made of Jo Cox's death.

If anything, right wing extremism and whipping up of hatred by the press has got worse.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Indeed. Corbyn himself has also been the target of at least one would-be killer (the guy who drove his van into the worshippers outside Finsbury Park mosque). 

Probably also worth noting this charming effort when considering the general atmosphere of incipient right-wing violence:

Further assassinations of left-wing political figures sadly don't seem unlikely to me at all. 

tbf though if you ignored his politics completely, Owen Jones is still easy to want to punch. He's the sort of tit I'd move tables in the pub to avoid even having to hear him talk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

I rest my case.

well this is the problem you see .. I was trying to defuse the personal attack you made on me with a bit of light relief rather than it escalating

instead, you seem to want to view it as a personal crusade to win the internet

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How does it differ from  various"hang Tory scum"  posters and placards   carried about  by the left  since about as long as I've been alive ?

( of course asking this will be construed as an "ahh but "  )

Edited by tonyh29

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

tbf though if you ignored his politics completely, Owen Jones is still easy to want to punch. He's the sort of tit I'd move tables in the pub to avoid even having to hear him talk

I've no especial feeling for the guy, but I don't get the hate either.

Regardless, the way he's spoken about has its consequences: he was recently beaten up by far-right thugs after leaving a pub, and now this is going on. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

he was recently beaten up by  after leaving a pub, and now this is going on. 

FTFY, there is absolutely no evidence that the attack on him was politically motivated, he as much as said so himself. He was just speculating as to the reason. He was never unconscious and they didn't say a single thing about politics when they beat him up

It's not right obviously but he is the sort of person that pisses others off by just opening his mouth. If someone spilled his pint he'd put it on twitter and claim it was a right wing attack

• Like 2

Â