Jump to content
blandy

The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

At least wonga wouldn't be able to retrospectively change the terms and conditions of the loan later on at a detriment to the borrower.

But you seem to have strangely ignored the real point, which is the sidestepping of democracy by the government because that democracy may stop them doing as they please. wether you agree with the policy or not, this is a worrying trend that this particular bunch of undesirables who happen to find themselves occupying the government benches are increasingly using.

So the side stepping of democracy has just been invented by the Tory party in 2016 .... Well I never 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the BBC line is as old as Mooney surely no one was going to bite

 

and yet it would appear im going to need a bigger boat 

even dangling your shriveled insignifcant and unappealing little worm in the water can get a bite, even if fishing retrospectively

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

At least wonga wouldn't be able to retrospectively change the terms and conditions of the loan later on at a detriment to the borrower.

But you seem to have strangely ignored the real point, which is the sidestepping of democracy by the government because that democracy may stop them doing as they please. wether you agree with the policy or not, this is a worrying trend that this particular bunch of undesirables who happen to find themselves occupying the government benches are increasingly using.

Hear hear on both points.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

blah blah blah blah

answering a point that hasn't been made in order to avoid dealing with the ones that have mixed with poor attempts at wit..... Hmm maybe 'call me dave's a villian rather than a hammer after all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

answering a point that hasn't been made in order to avoid dealing with the ones that have mixed with poor attempts at wit..... Hmm maybe 'call me dave's a villian rather than a hammer after all

A villa fan that can't even spell the clubs nickname correctly for shame 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

So the side stepping of democracy has just been invented by the Tory party in 2016 .... Well I never 

Remarkably enough, I don't think he said that at all.

Just to make it clear, the use of SIs has been highlighted in Off Topic as long as I've been on here reading the politics threads (so that included the Labour governments of Blair and then Brown), it appeared to grow under the (Tory-led) coalition and since the Tories squeezed in to power last year has become an ever more popular way of passing stuff in to legislation (see Tax Credits - and it would appear that all of that worked as intended for the government).

As such, the comment from MF that this is a worrying trend that this particular bunch of undesirables who happen to find themselves occupying the government benches are increasingly using seems rather spot on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

A villa fan that can't even spell the clubs nickname correctly for shame 

 

congratulations and thank you for proving my point, as for my horrendous error, i would like to thank auto correct. of course i could pretend it was a deliberate act to illicit responses, but that's a pretty lame form of posting

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Remarkably enough, I don't think he said that at all.

Just to make it clear, the use of SIs has been highlighted in Off Topic as long as I've been on here reading the politics threads (so that included the Labour governments of Blair and then Brown), it appeared to grow under the (Tory-led) coalition and since the Tories squeezed in to power last year has become an ever more popular way of passing stuff in to legislation (see Tax Credits - and it would appear that all of that worked as intended for the government).

As such, the comment from MF that this is a worrying trend that this particular bunch of undesirables who happen to find themselves occupying the government benches are increasingly using seems rather spot on.

the expected is never remarkable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

A villa fan that can't even spell the clubs nickname correctly for shame 

 

almost forgot, suppose this illustrates why i dislike politicians so much, and the last two governments in particular. substance is so much more important to me than presentation which is pretty much a polar opposite of the aforementioned. but never mind I'll got sit in a locked cupboard in a darkened room to hide my shame from the world. Might see everyone when my shame has subsided, not sure how long it will be, but it it probably won't last long enough to even get out my chair if the truth be told.

Edited by mockingbird_franklin
minor error corrected to save me from eternal shame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

the expected is never remarkable

I was dumped by the last person that said that to me. :(:)

Edited by snowychap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure your hour was nearly up anyway 

 

 

 

 

 

(yeah my bad it was the voices in my head made me write it )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm sure your hour was nearly up anyway 

(yeah my bad it was the voices in my head made me write it )

Might do you well to stop listening to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Might do you well to stop listening to them.

Nah it's the only way to get any intelligent conversation around here 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tonyh29 said:

Nah it's the only way to get any intelligent conversation around here 

A terribly poor lift from Blackadder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things must be bad when a blackadder line can't raise a smile  , so I am therefore leaving immediately for Nepal, where I intend to live as a goat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised the lefties haven't been on to correct the BBC  line in the above gag reel  ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too busy trying to rationalise retaining nuclear subs but with no nuclear warheads.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

A nuclear sub is just a sub that uses a nuclear reactor as it's power source, it has nothing to do with weapons systems. 

True - but the point that Chris was making is very clear - as was Corbyn's. (Keep the boats - lose the bombs) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â