The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

29 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

At least wonga wouldn't be able to retrospectively change the terms and conditions of the loan later on at a detriment to the borrower.

But you seem to have strangely ignored the real point, which is the sidestepping of democracy by the government because that democracy may stop them doing as they please. wether you agree with the policy or not, this is a worrying trend that this particular bunch of undesirables who happen to find themselves occupying the government benches are increasingly using.

Hear hear on both points.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

answering a point that hasn't been made in order to avoid dealing with the ones that have mixed with poor attempts at wit..... Hmm maybe 'call me dave's a villian rather than a hammer after all

A villa fan that can't even spell the clubs nickname correctly for shame 

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

So the side stepping of democracy has just been invented by the Tory party in 2016 .... Well I never 

Remarkably enough, I don't think he said that at all.

Just to make it clear, the use of SIs has been highlighted in Off Topic as long as I've been on here reading the politics threads (so that included the Labour governments of Blair and then Brown), it appeared to grow under the (Tory-led) coalition and since the Tories squeezed in to power last year has become an ever more popular way of passing stuff in to legislation (see Tax Credits - and it would appear that all of that worked as intended for the government).

As such, the comment from MF that this is a worrying trend that this particular bunch of undesirables who happen to find themselves occupying the government benches are increasingly using seems rather spot on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

congratulations and thank you for proving my point, as for my horrendous error, i would like to thank auto correct. of course i could pretend it was a deliberate act to illicit responses, but that's a pretty lame form of posting

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Remarkably enough, I don't think he said that at all.

Just to make it clear, the use of SIs has been highlighted in Off Topic as long as I've been on here reading the politics threads (so that included the Labour governments of Blair and then Brown), it appeared to grow under the (Tory-led) coalition and since the Tories squeezed in to power last year has become an ever more popular way of passing stuff in to legislation (see Tax Credits - and it would appear that all of that worked as intended for the government).

As such, the comment from MF that this is a worrying trend that this particular bunch of undesirables who happen to find themselves occupying the government benches are increasingly using seems rather spot on.

the expected is never remarkable

56 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

almost forgot, suppose this illustrates why i dislike politicians so much, and the last two governments in particular. substance is so much more important to me than presentation which is pretty much a polar opposite of the aforementioned. but never mind I'll got sit in a locked cupboard in a darkened room to hide my shame from the world. Might see everyone when my shame has subsided, not sure how long it will be, but it it probably won't last long enough to even get out my chair if the truth be told.

Edited by mockingbird_franklin
minor error corrected to save me from eternal shame

8 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

A nuclear sub is just a sub that uses a nuclear reactor as it's power source, it has nothing to do with weapons systems. 

True - but the point that Chris was making is very clear - as was Corbyn's. (Keep the boats - lose the bombs) 

31 minutes ago, Eames said:

True - but the point that Chris was making is very clear - as was Corbyn's. (Keep the Unions happy  - lose the bombs) 

fixed

just saw the front page of the sun as I stopped to get lunch  ..... seems they still haven't found bottom

Â